New Rule.

Read about the rules of the road here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Raco_GS

New Rule.

Post by Raco_GS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:14 am

Just letting everyone know that I've added a new rule.

Make your signature concise, in other words keep it short sweet and to the point. Image size limit is 300 x 50. YouTube videos are not allowed.

This was actually a old rule from back in the day but for some reason it was removed, I think a few of the old regulars nagged at Mike Hickok enough for him to remove it.

Anyways seeing how a couple of the current signatures are a bit ridiculous in size, I've decided to add this rule back.

There will be a 3 week "transition period" for you all to change your signatures accordingly, after the 3 weeks, non-compliant signatures will be removed by one of us admins.
TrickyMario7654

Re: New Rule.

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:25 am

Removed the GIF for now, expect a smaller version of it in my signature soon. :sleep:
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:58 pm

My signature doesn't have a Youtube video on it but it has a link to one, is that okay?
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Thank you for implementing this! :Clap:
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
Raco_GS

Post by Raco_GS » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:51 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:My signature doesn't have a Youtube video on it but it has a link to one, is that okay?
Just resize your picture to accommodate with the new image size limits and make your text smaller and you'll be fine.
ZachL wrote:Thank you for implementing this! :Clap:
No problem. :TUP2:
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:58 pm

PaulSP wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:My signature doesn't have a Youtube video on it but it has a link to one, is that okay?
Just resize your picture to accommodate with the new image size limits and make your text smaller and you'll be fine.
Done! :TUP1:
Raco_GS

Post by Raco_GS » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:10 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
PaulSP wrote:
Done! :TUP1:
Maybe you misread the rule but the limit is 300 x 50, aka nothing wider than 300 pixels and nothing more than 50 pixels in height.

So your signature still is too big.

Something like this would be more ideal:

Sorry if it seems too small but people come here to read posts about railroad signals etc, they don't come here to see gigantic signatures, that's why I made this rule in the first place.
ReggiesTrainz

Post by ReggiesTrainz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:21 pm

PaulSP wrote: Sorry if it seems too small but people come here to read posts about railroad signals etc, they don't come here to see gigantic signatures, that's why I made this rule in the first place.
Amen to that!
Joosh

Post by Joosh » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Good to see this being implemented. :TUP1: Giant signatures are highly unnecessary, and often are distracting from the stuff we actually want to read.