Tracks out of service

Talk about signals ranging from wigwags to EVA signals here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: Tracks out of service

Post by ToledoRailfan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:59 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:Here is some abandon equipment kind of in the middle of nowhere. The line that this is was apart of the Conrail line that is now use by the Southern Michigan Railroad, this line use to cross over what is now a Norfolk Southern line here, the tracks north of what use to be a junction are apart of the Southern Michigan Railroad while the tracks south of what use to be a junction are now just an abandon line that branches off of the Adrian & Blissfield. I really don't know about the tracks south of the former junction (the one with the abandon equipment), I would think that it is owned by the Adrian & Blissfield Railroad but I'm not sure and there is no streetview for any of the crossings on these tracks so I'd have to venture up there myself. At the start of the line it looks like it is still maintained so maybe it is still used for car storage, of coarse probably not even close to the abandon equipment though. Looks like the Adrian & Blissfield Railroad might also use this as a Wye.
The abandoned equipment is on private land as well. Maybe the owner of the land owns the equipment and uses a section of the old line to display it?
It is kind of hard to tell if the line itself is on private land but that could be the case.
brett nc railfanner

Post by brett nc railfanner » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 pm

ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Wow, that crossing is barely abandon! Right on the edge! Literally! :Blink: Image Probably one of the reasons that crossing still has new signage despite being out of service is just incase the cars ever get too close to the crossing.
brett nc railfanner

Post by brett nc railfanner » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 pm

ZachL

Post by ZachL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:52 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
Wow, that crossing is barely abandon! Right on the edge! Literally! :Blink: Image Probably one of the reasons that crossing still has new signage despite being out of service is just incase the cars ever get too close to the crossing.
*Abandoned, not "abandon" :Wink:

Those cars look abandoned, though. I know a lot of railroads do that to discourage any further usage of lines that do indeed go out of service.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
brett nc railfanner

Post by brett nc railfanner » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:08 pm

brett nc railfanner

Post by brett nc railfanner » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 pm