Locations of currently existing Griswold Signals

Talk about signals ranging from wigwags to EVA signals here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

IanMP

Re: Locations of currently existing Griswold Signals

Post by IanMP » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:49 pm

ZachL wrote:
IanMP wrote:Found another Griswold cantilever! (Maddington, Qc)

https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.2140993, ... 6656?hl=fr
Could also be a US&S and/or a GRS cantilever as well.
Is there any differences?
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:11 pm

IanMP wrote:
ZachL wrote:

Other than the branding on the cantilevers for the splice boxes, not really. They appear to have been manufactured by some third-party company, as I've seen Peerless Manufacturing, GRS, Griswold, US&S, WRRS, and Transport Products Corp. all branded on these.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
IanMP

Post by IanMP » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:24 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
IanMP wrote:
ZachL wrote:

Other than the branding on the cantilevers for the splice boxes, not really. They appear to have been manufactured by some third-party company, as I've seen Peerless Manufacturing, GRS, Griswold, US&S, WRRS, and Transport Products Corp. all branded on these.
Ok, CN mostly buys Safetran (Siemens), GS and WCH, i can guess they are Griswolds since there are many RACo/Safetran equipment on CN's tracks in Québec
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:26 pm

An easy indicator on the manufacturer (from Street View) is if the cantilever has the original lights on it, too. However, because of the signal(s) you've posted having after-market light installs, it's really difficult to tell for sure.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Mon May 01, 2017 4:27 am

Heres a good idea.

Theres a external link on the Griswold Signal Company page on Wikipedia for Griswold Rotating Stop Signs that include Google Maps links.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Mon May 01, 2017 12:30 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:Heres a good idea.

Theres a external link on the Griswold Signal Company page on Wikipedia for Griswold Rotating Stop Signs that include Google Maps links.
Wow, that Wikipedia page looks pretty poor. I'm surprised that there isn't a box on the top of the page saying "This article has multiple issues."
We do have a thread that I recently created for rotating banner signals that are still in service.
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Mon May 01, 2017 2:42 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:

Wow, that Wikipedia page looks pretty poor. I'm surprised that there isn't a box on the top of the page saying "This article has multiple issues."
We do have a thread that I recently created for rotating banner signals that are still in service.
How about looking at Safetrans article, much worser, very light hearted creation.
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Mon May 01, 2017 2:45 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:

How about looking at Safetrans article, much worser, very light hearted creation.
It isn't that bad, the article has numerous sources. The article also features the Safetran logo and a Safetran signal.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon May 01, 2017 2:54 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:

It isn't that bad, the article has numerous sources. The article also features the Safetran logo and a Safetran signal.
Though said signal has a WCH gate mech.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Mon May 01, 2017 2:59 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:

Though said signal has a WCH gate mech.
The person who took the photograph said that the signal is manufactured by Safetran but the gate mechanism is from Western Cullen-Hayes.