Signal Graveyards/Boneyards

Talk about signals ranging from wigwags to EVA signals here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

UnionPacific4Life

Re: Signal Graveyards/Boneyards

Post by UnionPacific4Life » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:45 pm

:TUP1:
Proud owner of a Safetran 3rd Gen M-Bell, a GS Type 2 bell, a dead GS type 1 bell, a WRRS M-bell, and a US&S H-2 searchlight signal.
Why does everyone copy my signature?

OG signal collection signature, I think. :LOL2:
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Shame there aren't any signal graveyards in the KC area. :Awww:
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
UnionPacific4Life

Post by UnionPacific4Life » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:19 am

Seriously? I’d expect that UP’d have at least one... Probably near Neff, but I’d be very surprised if there isn’t one.
Proud owner of a Safetran 3rd Gen M-Bell, a GS Type 2 bell, a dead GS type 1 bell, a WRRS M-bell, and a US&S H-2 searchlight signal.

Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:45 am

UnionPacific4Life wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:19 am
Seriously? I’d expect that UP’d have at least one... Probably near Neff, but I’d be very surprised if there isn’t one.
There used to be one by the Amtrak station in Independence, but UP got rid of all the equipment that was sitting there. I think Neff yard has one, but if not. It's safe to assume that there isn't any in Kansas City. Maybe KCS has one?
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
UnionPacific4Life

Post by UnionPacific4Life » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:57 am

Nascar Fan007 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:45 am
UnionPacific4Life wrote:
There used to be one by the Amtrak station in Independence, but UP got rid of all the equipment that was sitting there. I think Neff yard has one, but if not. It's safe to assume that there isn't any in Kansas City. Maybe KCS has one?
Yes, a chance. I’d also think BNSF might have one somewhere, as well as the KCT, maybe? KC is such a big terminal city, gotta be one there somewhere...

Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:13 am

UnionPacific4Life wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:57 am
Nascar Fan007 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:45 am
UnionPacific4Life wrote:
Yes, a chance. I’d also think BNSF might have one somewhere, as well as the KCT, maybe? KC is such a big terminal city, gotta be one there somewhere...
Has to be one somewhere. I hope to get more bells someday along with a gate light, and maybe some more crossing lights. On a unrelated note, UP was back at Sterling Ave and Harvard Ave checking the rails after the crash on Tuesday. But, back on topic. I'm sure there are yards somewhere in the KC area. But hard to find for some reason.
UnionPacific4Life

Post by UnionPacific4Life » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:16 am

Yeah. Maybe because there’s a lot of possible locations and also because we rely on google satellite to find ‘em...

Keep on lookin’ and good luck getting equipment. Sidenote - what equipment do you have besides the 2 bells?

Also, reply in the “signals you own” topic please

Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:21 am

UnionPacific4Life wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:16 am
Yeah. Maybe because there’s a lot of possible locations and also because we rely on google satellite to find ‘em...

Keep on lookin’ and good luck getting equipment. Sidenote - what equipment do you have besides the 2 bells?

Also, reply in the “signals you own” topic please
I did.
Brian556

Post by Brian556 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Anyone can post a dump here
If you insist...Image
UnionPacific4Life

Post by UnionPacific4Life » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:54 am

Why?