???

Talk about signals ranging from wigwags to EVA signals here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Gametrain54321

???

Post by Gametrain54321 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:54 pm

This crossing was discovered inside a truck and tractor shop along I-55 in Farmersville, IL. It has 2 gateless, crossbuck-less, bell-less signals with what appear to be Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights on them. This was discovered by Joseph's Trains and UPking, so no-one knows what they are or were for, but on satellite view it appears there is a short segment of rails at the crossing. However, they appear to have never gone anywhere, since it would've led into some houses, and apparently the shop didn't even exist as recently as 1998, according to Google Earth Pro. This is definitely strange, so maybe if I go back to the Springfield area sometime I can go when the shop is open (according to maps they are open every day except Sunday) to get some closeups and find out what is happening over there. But for now, this is what we have to work with:
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.4536182 ... authuser=1
freebrickproductions

Re: ???

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Looks like they're decoration.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ZachL

Re: ???

Post by ZachL » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:40 pm

Agreed that they're for decoration. They're also both kinda in-line and on the same side of the tracks
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538