Vintage crossing signal photos

Talk about signals ranging from wigwags to EVA signals here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

SirKrunch

Vintage crossing signal photos

Post by SirKrunch » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm

I don't know if this has been posted before - but it's new to me.
Here are some really neat vintage photos from the 1920's and 30's.
thehenryford.org collection
Especially noteworthy to me are the photos from Wyandotte, MI. Think of what these are like and work now, thanks to owensri's documentation of the current multi-signal setups.
Well, :Censored:
freebrickproductions

Re: Vintage crossing signal photos

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:55 pm

SirKrunch wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:57 pm
Especially noteworthy to me are the photos from Wyandotte, MI. Think of what these are like and work now, thanks to owensri's documentation of the current multi-signal setups.
Ironically, there's been quite a few updates since Owen last shot those signals. Want to say Tommy's at least planned on getting up there to shoot them, not sure if he's done so yet though.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
SirKrunch

Post by SirKrunch » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:03 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:55 pm
SirKrunch wrote:
Ironically, there's been quite a few updates since Owen last shot those signals. Want to say Tommy's at least planned on getting up there to shoot them, not sure if he's done so yet though.
I'm not surprised... it's been a few years. Was good to see he posted a new video on his YT a couple weeks ago. Would like to know what ever happened to Elton though...
Well, :Censored:
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:14 pm

SirKrunch wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:03 pm
freebrickproductions wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:55 pm
SirKrunch wrote:
I'm not surprised... it's been a few years. Was good to see he posted a new video on his YT a couple weeks ago. Would like to know what ever happened to Elton though...
Sure enough, somehow I didn't notice, lol. Elton's still pretty active over on Facebook, IIRC, at least in the Railroad Signals group. I actually bought my WCH 0333 from him a few years back.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.