Viall Ave. 1 - Mechanicville, NY

Talk about signal news here, including upgrades, downgrades, crossings out of service, abandoned, and so on here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

illinoistrains

Re: Viall Ave. 1 - Mechanicville, NY

Post by illinoistrains » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:16 pm

Smjh1979 wrote:You should see the many times that's happened to Kight. 70% of the time, it's security guards not knowing what they were doing. One such incident resulted in what I hope was disciplinary action. We may have to make a new discussion on security guards vs. railfans. Some of the time it it justified, it you really ARE on private property, but 70% of the time, you are not. Anyone interested in a new topic, or am I "going too far" with this?
It would be a good discussion. I like it.
Visit my website to see my complete collection of over 2,200 train pictures:
http://cnfan1.rrpicturearchives.net/
weatherdan882002

Post by weatherdan882002 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Well, I went out today and got most of the pics, and this time there were no people trying to interfere with me. :TUP1: I just have to get a few more pictures before I send the bunch in. I need one shot viewing the sidelights on the south signal, I need a couple of overview shots, and shots looking east and west of the crossing. The sidelights shot and the trackview shots I forgot completely, and while I did take an overview shot on each side of the crossing, they didn't come out very well (left side of the pictures was fine, the right side of the pictures came out blurry), so I'll have to go back and get those and because of the length of daylight and my timing on leaving for and coming home from work, I'll have to wait until next weekend to get the shots. But the ones I took today came out great! :Grin:
weatherdan882002

Post by weatherdan882002 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Well, I finally have all the pictures! Now I just need to know when i can send them in, being as the website doesn't exactly say if they're allowing pictures to be sent in and considering the last update was three months ago...
weatherdan882002

Post by weatherdan882002 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Well, I'm kinda looking for something more straight forward, such as "NOW ACCEPTING". The way it's worded now makes it seem like they're anticipating accepting new pictures but not just yet. And like I said, the last update was three months ago. You'd think that in three months SOMEONE would have sent in new stuff to the site.

Anyway, as long as I'm told that I can send them in I will, but I haven't exactly been given a green light yet...
mlgillson

Post by mlgillson » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 am

When I initially said near future, I was hoping to start accepting submissions within a month at most. Taking on full-time work along with other responsibilities and unforseen circumstances put the brakes on those plans.

Now that things have settled somewhat, I'm trying to get things moving again. I'm eyeing the end of the month, but I am in no way guaranteeing that as any kind of official start date.
weatherdan882002

Post by weatherdan882002 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Whenever is fine with me, I'm just asking questions and not sure where to get answers. I'm pretty busy myself, so I know what it's like. It's just three months have gone by without a word being said about anything and I'm just wondering what the current status of the site is in terms of updates. Now that I know, I can stop asking questions.
weatherdan882002

Post by weatherdan882002 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:23 pm

An update: Pam Am changed the bell pattern so that they ring from start-up to shutdown. They may have also changed the volume of the bells as well, as they used to barely be able to heard from my bedroom window and now they're very audible. That combined with the much longer ringing pattern, led to me to believe they made changes, and today I caught a train at the crossing and not only did the bells ring while the train was crossing, they continued to ring even as the gates went up after the train had crossed. I'd have thought the bells would shut off when the gates rose, but IDK of any Pan Am crossing that does that (the vast majority ring while the gate goes down and back up and others ring throughout the activation).

Nonetheless, the bell pattern has changed.