Wisconsin wigwags falling rapidly

Talk about signal news here, including upgrades, downgrades, crossings out of service, abandoned, and so on here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, PaulSP

User avatar
dan the ca railfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:17 pm
Location: fresno ca

Re: Wisconsin wigwags falling rapidly

Post by dan the ca railfan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:19 pm

it think the marshall wig-wag and the avocoa wigwag might still be there because according to dan's wigwag site they are. so does google street view show that they are

http://www.trainweb.org/dansrailpix/WIG ... m#marshall

marshall wig-wag street view

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1791947 ... authuser=0

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1830172 ... authuser=0
very lucky to live two-three blocks away from three teardrop bells. one of which i see at least once a week!
User avatar
freebrickproductions
Posts: 6295
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:12 am
Location: Huntsville, AL
Contact:

Re: Wisconsin wigwags falling rapidly

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:07 am

dan the ca railfan wrote:it think the marshall wig-wag and the avocoa wigwag might still be there because according to dan's wigwag site they are. so does google street view show that they are

http://www.trainweb.org/dansrailpix/WIG ... m#marshall

marshall wig-wag street view

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1791947 ... authuser=0

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1830172 ... authuser=0
Street view's from 2013 (about 5 years old, now), though satellite view is most likely newer and appears to show that it might still be standing:
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1830233 ... authuser=0
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
User avatar
dan the ca railfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum
Posts: 767
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:17 pm
Location: fresno ca

Re: Wisconsin wigwags falling rapidly

Post by dan the ca railfan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:57 am

exafctly i thought the only ones left were in saeman wi
very lucky to live two-three blocks away from three teardrop bells. one of which i see at least once a week!
User avatar
Brent
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:56 pm
Location: Racine, Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Wisconsin wigwags falling rapidly

Post by Brent » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:21 pm

The only wig-wags remaining in Wisconsin were the ones at Saemann Avenue in Sheboygan. The state ordered they be removed by June 30th of this year. I haven't been back up that way in a while so I have no idea if they're gone yet or not. Once they're pulled out, if they haven't been already, Wisconsin will no longer have any wig-wags left in service.
User avatar
AndyWS
Posts: 801
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Wisconsin wigwags falling rapidly

Post by AndyWS » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 pm

As of a week ago, the Sheboygan 'wags still stood (not my shot, I wish it was).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32431640@ ... ateposted/
User avatar
ZachL
Posts: 3003
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Hillsborough County/Tampa, FL

Re: Wisconsin wigwags falling rapidly

Post by ZachL » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:17 pm

AndyWS wrote:As of a week ago, the Sheboygan 'wags still stood (not my shot, I wish it was).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32431640@ ... ateposted/
Great news! Now let's hope it stays there as well.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
User avatar
freebrickproductions
Posts: 6295
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:12 am
Location: Huntsville, AL
Contact:

Re: Wisconsin wigwags falling rapidly

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 pm

ZachL wrote:
AndyWS wrote:As of a week ago, the Sheboygan 'wags still stood (not my shot, I wish it was).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32431640@ ... ateposted/
Great news! Now let's hope it stays there as well.
And here's a video of them that Brenton81 uploaded of them today (not entirely sure when it was taken though):
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
Post Reply