Update on the Willamette Shore Trolley Wigwags

Talk about signal news here, including upgrades, downgrades, crossings out of service, abandoned, and so on here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Update on the Willamette Shore Trolley Wigwags

Post by ToledoRailfan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:35 am

I already made a post about this a while ago in the Locations of wigwags thread but I thought I'd make a new topic about it. If you view the Nebraska St. crossing and the Macadam Bay Yacht Club crossing on Google Streetview you will notice that both of the wigwags are gone! I asked about this on the Willamette Shore Trolley Facebook page and I was told that they were both taken out by cars pulling boats. I wasn't told if they were damaged beyond repair or not. They did say that the Riverwood Rd. wigwag is still in service.
NathanFromEngland

Re: Update on the Willamette Shore Trolley Wigwags

Post by NathanFromEngland » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:36 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:I already made a post about this a while ago in the Locations of wigwags thread but I thought I'd make a new topic about it. If you view the Nebraska St. crossing and the Macadam Bay Yacht Club crossing on Google Streetview you will notice that both of the wigwags are gone! I asked about this on the Willamette Shore Trolley Facebook page and I was told that they were both taken out by cars pulling boats. I wasn't told if they were damaged beyond repair or not. They did say that the Riverwood Rd. wigwag is still in service.
Well that's a disappointment, do they have pictures of the damaged wigwags?
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Re: Update on the Willamette Shore Trolley Wigwags

Post by ToledoRailfan » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:45 am

NathanFromEngland wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:I already made a post about this a while ago in the Locations of wigwags thread but I thought I'd make a new topic about it. If you view the Nebraska St. crossing and the Macadam Bay Yacht Club crossing on Google Streetview you will notice that both of the wigwags are gone! I asked about this on the Willamette Shore Trolley Facebook page and I was told that they were both taken out by cars pulling boats. I wasn't told if they were damaged beyond repair or not. They did say that the Riverwood Rd. wigwag is still in service.
Well that's a disappointment, do they have pictures of the damaged wigwags?
None that I know of.