Upgrades in Madison, TN

Talk about signal news here, including upgrades, downgrades, crossings out of service, abandoned, and so on here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, PaulSP

Ethan the Railfanner

Upgrades in Madison, TN

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:06 pm

On August 24, 2018, I went to go to Madison, Tennessee to check out a few crossings. I found out that 2 crossings, Nesbitt Lane and Monticello Avenue have gotten upgrades.

Nesbitt Lane has gotten a minor upgrade: The lights are now WCH 12x24 Lights with Leotek LEDs and a back crossbuck was added for both signals. No other changes reported.

Monticello Avenue has gotten a major upgrade: The lights are now WCH 12x24 Lights with Leotek LEDs, the gate mechanisms are now Siemens, the gatelights are NEG, a back crossbuck was added, and the bell is an NEG E-Bell. They did however, leave the gateless signal unchanged, as the 8 inch lights still remain.

Willams Avenue has not been changed last time I was there.
For 2019, I'll be making frequent trips back up to Kentucky, along with a few up in Ohio. I will see about getting RR Crossing Pictures in other parts of TN during 2019 as well. I may also see about getting out to South Carolina at some point for crossings as well, but that remains to be seen for right now.
freebrickproductions

Re: Upgrades in Madison, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Did you get any pictures?
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:55 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:Did you get any pictures?
Yes I did! Also, I have the crossings documented, so I'll send you an email if possible.

Nesbitt Lane:

Monticello Avenue
For 2019, I'll be making frequent trips back up to Kentucky, along with a few up in Ohio. I will see about getting RR Crossing Pictures in other parts of TN during 2019 as well. I may also see about getting out to South Carolina at some point for crossings as well, but that remains to be seen for right now.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:16 pm

I had a feeling they had installed completely new signals at Monticello Avenue. Wonder if the gateless signal will get replaced next?
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...

Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:41 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:I had a feeling they had installed completely new signals at Monticello Avenue. Wonder if the gateless signal will get replaced next?
I don't know if it will be replaced, because I'm thinking that remains to be seen...
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Ethan the Railfanner wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:I had a feeling they had installed completely new signals at Monticello Avenue. Wonder if the gateless signal will get replaced next?
I don't know if it will be replaced, because I'm thinking that remains to be seen...
Well, they replaced the other two and there's a pile of gravel and an outhouse near the gateless signal...

Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:13 pm

UPDATE:

The gateless crossing is now upgraded. Lights are now WCH 12x24 Lights with Leotek LEDs. I will soon get a video at this crossing if I get a chance.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:22 am

Ethan the Railfanner wrote:UPDATE:

The gateless crossing is now upgraded. Lights are now WCH 12x24 Lights with Leotek LEDs. I will soon get a video at this crossing if I get a chance.
Called it.