Signal replacement in Franklin, KY

Talk about signal news here, including upgrades, downgrades, crossings out of service, abandoned, and so on here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, PaulSP

Ethan the Railfanner

Signal replacement in Franklin, KY

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:32 pm

On October 9, 2018, I went back up to Franklin, KY. When I got up to Madison Street, I found out that some workers are replacing a signal that was likely side swiped and needed to be replaced. The lights on that signal are now WCH 12x24 lights with Leotek LEDs. I’ll see about getting a new video of that crossing if I get a chance.

The mast signal on the right is the crossing signal that I'm talking about. The other 2 signals haven't been changed.
For 2019, I'll be making frequent trips back up to Kentucky, along with a few up in Ohio. I will see about getting RR Crossing Pictures in other parts of TN during 2019 as well. I may also see about getting out to South Carolina at some point for crossings as well, but that remains to be seen for right now.
Ethan the Railfanner

Re: Signal replacement in Franklin, KY

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:53 am

Here's the before and now then crossing:

Then:

Now:
For 2019, I'll be making frequent trips back up to Kentucky, along with a few up in Ohio. I will see about getting RR Crossing Pictures in other parts of TN during 2019 as well. I may also see about getting out to South Carolina at some point for crossings as well, but that remains to be seen for right now.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:06 pm

Ethan the Railfanner wrote:Here's the before and now then crossing:

Then:

Now:
I wonder if the old signal had its lights struck, so they replaced it with a new one in a slightly different spot, as it's a bit further back from the road now it appears.
There should be a legal limit as to how humid it can be on any given day during the summer here in the South...

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!
Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:14 am

freebrickproductions wrote:
Ethan the Railfanner wrote:Here's the before and now then crossing:

Then:

Now:
I wonder if the old signal had its lights struck, so they replaced it with a new one in a slightly different spot, as it's a bit further back from the road now it appears.
According to the signal maintainers I talked when I was there, someone side-swipped the signal completely, so that nothing would be saved, so they putted up a new signal there. Also, one of the lights is missing a visor, surprisingly enough.