Signal Never Used Reportedly Removed

Talk about signal news here, including upgrades, downgrades, crossings out of service, abandoned, and so on here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Steven429

Signal Never Used Reportedly Removed

Post by Steven429 » Sat May 09, 2020 10:09 am

Crossing at ME-24, River Road has been reportedly removed.
Heres a link to the crossing before removal
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.0334139 ... 312!8i6656

Can not confirm this, but wouldn't surprise me, seeing how these signals were never once activated.

Also the lower road is now being targeted by rails to trails, although so far all attempts have failed since the state is still hoping to restore the line
NSsignal

Re: Signal Never Used Reportedly Removed

Post by NSsignal » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:30 pm

Quite rare to see a bridge get replaced with an at grade crossing
Check out my Roblox group called Railroad Town Replicators. We have games based in real world towns and we primary make signals. And no I’m not asking for R$ or likes. The one who is too interested in railroad crossing signals but you can’t be too intrested.
SirKrunch

Post by SirKrunch » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:36 pm

NSsignal wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:30 pm
Quite rare to see a bridge get replaced with an at grade crossing
Depends. Iowa did that one one of the state highways North of Marshalltown thinking UP would abandon the route in a few years, so cheaper not to rebuild the overpass that had to be replaced and put in an at-grade crossing instead. And the line did end up getting torn out in 2013, so they thought right.
Well, :Censored:
NSsignal

Post by NSsignal » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:05 am

There was one instance in Brownsburg Indiana where they replaced a bridge with a crossing but my uncle claims that they don’t run anything on that line. I have seen things but it’s not an everyday thing. The line is owned by CSX
Check out my Roblox group called Railroad Town Replicators. We have games based in real world towns and we primary make signals. And no I’m not asking for R$ or likes. The one who is too interested in railroad crossing signals but you can’t be too intrested.