Train V. Truck in Norcross, GA

Grade crossing accidents only. Non-grade crossing accidents will be moved or deleted.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Re: Train V. Truck in Norcross, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:17 pm

cabman701 wrote:
ZachL wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:
ZachL wrote:http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/ ... df592.html

According to this article, the truck driver received four citations. Apparently he only went that way because his GPS told him to. :No1:
And that's why I tend not to trust GPSes.
Honestly, I use a GPS when I need to. I always look at traffic as well and let my GPS redirect me, in addition to paying attention to posted signage.
A good truck driver shouldn't even need the signs. You can see here how elevated the track is from the road. And look at all of the scrapes in the middle of the crossing. Even low riding cars probably have issues getting over that.
Three sets of signs for the crossing as well saying "No Trucks".
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
busman_49

Post by busman_49 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:53 am

ZachL wrote:

According to this article, the truck driver received four citations. Apparently he only went that way because his GPS told him to. :No1:
Honestly, I use a GPS when I need to. I always look at traffic as well and let my GPS redirect me, in addition to paying attention to posted signage.
This.

I've joked that I tell my GPS where i'm going and it can figure the route out from there. I use it in place of Google Maps because I hate trying to read a sheet of paper when I'm driving in an unfamiliar area (especially when it's dark). My GPS has been a great tool for when I've strayed off the beaten path for traffic or for sightseeing. GPS is no replacement for common sense!!!
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:51 pm

busman_49 wrote:
ZachL wrote:

This.

I've joked that I tell my GPS where i'm going and it can figure the route out from there. I use it in place of Google Maps because I hate trying to read a sheet of paper when I'm driving in an unfamiliar area (especially when it's dark). My GPS has been a great tool for when I've strayed off the beaten path for traffic or for sightseeing. GPS is no replacement for common sense!!!
I remember hearing once that some trucking companies will apparently punish drivers who alter from the route the GPS gives them, but don't quote me on that, as I'm probably misremembering.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
busman_49

Post by busman_49 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:54 pm

freebrickproductions wrote: I remember hearing once that some trucking companies will apparently punish drivers who alter from the route the GPS gives them, but don't quote me on that, as I'm probably misremembering.
I can't say as I'm surprised at that, but then, that may be a company not worth working for.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:07 pm

busman_49 wrote:
ZachL wrote:

This.

I remember hearing once that some trucking companies will apparently punish drivers who alter from the route the GPS gives them, but don't quote me on that, as I'm probably misremembering.
That really sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. If the GPS path takes you down a restricted thoroughfare, then the driver should not be punished for that.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
TrickyMario7654

Post by TrickyMario7654 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:01 pm

ZachL wrote:
busman_49 wrote:
ZachL wrote:

This.

That really sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. If the GPS path takes you down a restricted thoroughfare, then the driver should not be punished for that.
Not to mention, the GPS path taking you off a cliff! :LOL3: