Near-Miss at Odd Xing in Tavares FL - Opinions?

Grade crossing accidents only. Non-grade crossing accidents will be moved or deleted.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Re: Near-Miss at Odd Xing in Tavares FL - Opinions?

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:32 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:Two years ago I remember this one kid that made a video whinnying about Alan and his fans, he was pretty much saying "this guy's videos suck and anyone who likes them is stupid". Not sure if the kid was jealous or wanted attention or whatever, but the way that Alan responded to this was sick. He would say to the kid that he is going to come over his house and beat him up, he would say shit like that to a KID! I don't care if the kid's video was dumb, that is not how you handle something like that, especially when you're in your 50s!
Geez. The dude needs to take a chill pill and not get worked up over criticisms of his work.

Also, how much do y'all want to bet that he still believes that LEDs that fade in and out on camera do that in real life? (Also, as a bit of a side note, I've had people asking if LEDs that fade in and out on the video are malfunctioning or not, so I'm probably gonna blame him for that.)
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:41 pm

I remember around three-four years ago, he use to be friends with this guy known as Dragonmaster (I don't know how I remember his username) but something happened between the two and Allen made this one video about him. I don't really remember much of what he said about Dragonmaster but what I do remember is that Allan said something along the lines of Dragonmaster trying to set his house on fire and he tried to steal some railroad stuff from him. He later deleted the video, I remember that many comments were advising Alan to take the video down, this was before he had a huge wave of foamer fans ('railfanners') subscribe to him.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:48 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:I remember around three-four years ago, he use to be friends with this guy known as Dragonmaster (I don't know how I remember his username) but something happened between the two and Allen made this one video about him. I don't really remember much of what he said about Dragonmaster but what I do remember is that Allan said something along the lines of Dragonmaster trying to set his house on fire and he tried to steal some railroad stuff from him. He later deleted the video, I remember that many comments were advising Alan to take the video down, this was before he had a huge wave of foamer fans ('railfanners') subscribe to him.
Yea, I don't think it helps that he's pretty much surrounded by a bunch of "yes-men", which is probably why his quality has been going downhill over the past few years. Would be interesting to hear Dragonmaster's side of the story, as I remember he and Alan used to railfan a lot together but then suddenly stopped (I seem to recall a few comments from after he and Dragonmaster split apart where Alan seemed a bit angry at Dragonmaster when answering someone else's comment about where Dragonmaster went).

Erik-Gorb-Hamilton

Post by Erik-Gorb-Hamilton » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 pm

Sums up Florida pretty much :Tongue2:
Last edited by freebrickproductions on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed YouTube embed code
Continuing my
Grandfathers
Legacy

CEO of the Stratford Gap Railway
ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:I remember around three-four years ago, he use to be friends with this guy known as Dragonmaster (I don't know how I remember his username) but something happened between the two and Allen made this one video about him. I don't really remember much of what he said about Dragonmaster but what I do remember is that Allan said something along the lines of Dragonmaster trying to set his house on fire and he tried to steal some railroad stuff from him. He later deleted the video, I remember that many comments were advising Alan to take the video down, this was before he had a huge wave of foamer fans ('railfanners') subscribe to him.
Yea, I don't think it helps that he's pretty much surrounded by a bunch of "yes-men",
"yes-men"?! More like "yes-boys"! :Tongue2:
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
Yea, I don't think it helps that he's pretty much surrounded by a bunch of "yes-men",
Either way though, it's quite clear that being surrounded by a bunch of people who constantly agree with him hasn't helped his quality any.

ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:13 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
Either way though, it's quite clear that being surrounded by a bunch of people who constantly agree with him hasn't helped his quality any.
I know, I was just joking. A few years ago when he had a smaller fanboy base, when someone would give him advice on something, one of his fanboys would get all pissy with that person.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
I know, I was just joking. A few years ago when he had a smaller fanboy base, when someone would give him advice on something, one of his fanboys would get all pissy with that person.
Probably wouldn't be much different today. I remember seeing on a Facebook post of his when he was trying to defend his vandalism of a railroad car that several people in the comments of the post were saying he didn't do anything wrong.

Also, I'm not the biggest fan of when he does dual-camera videos, as he usually just either puts them side-by-side and makes them hard to see what's happening in them, or edits them so that it's camera 1 for a few seconds followed by camera 2 for the few seconds that camera 1 just showed.

ToledoRailfan

Post by ToledoRailfan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:22 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
Probably wouldn't be much different today. I remember seeing on a Facebook post of his when he was trying to defend his vandalism of a railroad car that several people in the comments of the post were saying he didn't do anything wrong.

Also, I'm not the biggest fan of when he does dual-camera videos, as he usually just either puts them side-by-side and makes them hard to see what's happening in them, or edits them so that it's camera 1 for a few seconds followed by camera 2 for the few seconds that camera 1 just showed.
Same here. I can't stand either one of those. I think he quit doing separate clips for both cameras a while ago while the dual camera side-by-side is new. Both are hard to watch.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:24 am

ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:

Same here. I can't stand either one of those. I think he quit doing separate clips for both cameras a while ago while the dual camera side-by-side is new. Both are hard to watch.
It'd honestly be better if he did something like this, with the footage from camera #2 being after the footage from camera #1:

That way, those who wanted to could skip the extra second part and but it'd still allow for both camera angles to be shown.