8 inch lights with some kind of white LEDs.

Talk about crossing signal lights, bells, and gates here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Ethan the Railfanner

8 inch lights with some kind of white LEDs.

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:49 pm

On my upcoming trip to Charlotte, North Carolina, I've been looking at railroad crossings along the Lynx Light Rail, and found out that they have some kind of 8 inch lights with some kind of white LEDs in them. I can't tell what kind of LEDs they are, but here's a close-up of one of them on the line:

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2262151 ... 312!8i6656

I also found a few in action in a YouTube video as well. (Skip to the following time stamps: 2:51 and 7:18)
Ethan the Railfanner; The main railroad crossing photographer of Southeast United States.

If you have any crossing photos that you would like for submissions:
DM me on the forum
DM me on Discord (ethantherailfanner)
NathanFromEngland

Re: 8 inch lights with some kind of white LEDs.

Post by NathanFromEngland » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Ethan the Railfanner wrote:On my upcoming trip to Charlotte, North Carolina, I've been looking at railroad crossings along the Lynx Light Rail, and found out that they have some kind of 8 inch lights with some kind of white LEDs in them. I can't tell what kind of LEDs they are, but here's a close-up of one of them on the line:

I also found a few in action in a YouTube video as well. (Skip to the following time stamps: 2:51 and 7:18)
Those lights are indications to the operator of the tram that the crossing is functioning. Lights AFAIK might be WCH 8 inch lights, although i may be wrong.

(And i mean Google Maps link)
Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:02 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
Ethan the Railfanner wrote:On my upcoming trip to Charlotte, North Carolina, I've been looking at railroad crossings along the Lynx Light Rail, and found out that they have some kind of 8 inch lights with some kind of white LEDs in them. I can't tell what kind of LEDs they are, but here's a close-up of one of them on the line:

Those lights are indications to the operator of the tram that the crossing is functioning. Lights AFAIK might be WCH 8 inch lights, although i may be wrong.

I know those are indications, but I’m just asking for the type of LEDs though. And yes, those are WCH 8 inchers.
Ethan the Railfanner; The main railroad crossing photographer of Southeast United States.

DM me on the forum
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Ethan the Railfanner wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:

I know those are indications, but I’m just asking for the type of LEDs though. And yes, those are WCH 8 inchers.
They might be US&S LEDS, considering that most of the crossings use US&S E-Bells, gate mechanisms, and lights?
http://www.rxrsignals.com/102/Light_Inserts/LED/US&S/
Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:13 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
Ethan the Railfanner wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:

They might be US&S LEDS, considering that most of the crossings use US&S E-Bells, gate mechanisms, and lights?
http://www.rxrsignals.com/102/Light_Inserts/LED/US&S/
I think you're right. Because when I was scouting along the line, those look like to be US&S E-Bells. Though the lights are too US&S 12x24s too. When I get out to those crossings there, I will list the 8 inchers as, 1 Pair of (Name) 8 inch lights with US&S White LEDs though.

Although North of the line is mostly WCH Equipment, along with Safetran 8 inch lights that might be Safetran Fading LEDs...

DM me on the forum
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 pm

I already told you on Discord (I think yesterday) that the white LEDs are from Safetran.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:10 am

freebrickproductions wrote:I already told you on Discord (I think yesterday) that the white LEDs are from Safetran.
:oops: Although they might’ve been US&S LEDs though. I think that since you classify them as Safetran Fading, that’s what I will go with.

DM me on the forum