RSI E-bell

Talk about crossing signal lights, bells, and gates here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Re: RSI E-bell

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:59 am

Well, it turns out a non-park railroad did indeed use these bells at their crossings, as this showed up in my subscriptions feed today:

This RSI e-bell is located at the 7 Mile Road crossing along the Canadian Pacific C&M Subdivision between Caledonia and Oakwood, WI, according to the description. This appears to be the crossing, which still had a WCH mechanical bell when street view last went through:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.8293067 ... 312!8i6656

I guess it's time to look for more of these on CP lines, just in case there's more out there.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Sounds like it uses the soundboard of a GS Type-2.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
Brent

Post by Brent » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:58 pm

If I see anymore of these bells in service, I'll let you know. Like I mentioned on YouTube, this is the only one I've ever seen before and I the only one I currently know of. It was installed just a couple months ago and I had no idea what it was. CP has been using WC Hayes electronic bells as replacements so seeing this randomly show up was a little surprising. The bell was the reason I picked that particular spot for the video.