New RECO LED "Low Profile" Gate Lights

Talk about crossing signal lights, bells, and gates here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

New RECO LED "Low Profile" Gate Lights

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Just got word from Tommy that he found a new design of RECO gate light on the UP Villa Grove Subdivision in IL, and the pictures eventually sent and showed a gate light similar in design to an Alstom or WCH gate light. So I went and looked it up on RECO's website, and sure enough, there it is! RECO calls this style of gate light the "Low Profile Lamp", which I'm guessing was done to be more attractive to customers who like that style of gate light.
https://www.rwy.com/products-rwy/gate-a ... -lamp-kit/
https://www.rwy.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... D-Lamp.pdf

The standard 4 inch gate light is also still being made, so I'm guessing that we won't see these crop-up on NS or BNSF for a while yet.

I'll get Tommy to share his pictures of the ones he found soon, once he gets back to his house.

I'm also gonna suggest that we use "Low Profile" as the general term for LED gate lights of this style, including the ones made by Alstom and WCH.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
TommyBNSF

Re: New RECO LED "Low Profile" Gate Lights

Post by TommyBNSF » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:37 pm

I have the goodies! I found the LEDs at the Route 130 crossing near downtown Villa Grove, IL. I had no idea these existed, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw these.

Attachments
IMG_0828 copy.JPG
IMG_0828 copy.JPG (217.81 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
IMG_0827 copy.JPG
IMG_0827 copy.JPG (256.31 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
IMG_0812 copy.JPG
IMG_0812 copy.JPG (244.61 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
IMG_0811 copy.JPG
IMG_0811 copy.JPG (233.34 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
Last edited by freebrickproductions on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed code
FAsandRXRsofTexas

Re: New RECO LED "Low Profile" Gate Lights

Post by FAsandRXRsofTexas » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:35 pm

TommyBNSF wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:37 pm
I have the goodies! I found the LEDs at the Route 130 crossing near downtown Villa Grove, IL. I had no idea these existed, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw these.

Low profile reco leds can also be found in Sugarland, TX on the UP Glidden sub

Last edited by freebrickproductions on Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remember to use the [YouTubeShort] code and remove the tracking info from the end for short YouTube URL embeds in the future.