Locations Of Currently Existing US&S TEARDROPS

Talk about crossing signal lights, bells, and gates here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

NathanFromEngland

Re: Locations Of Currently Existing US&S TEARDROPS

Post by NathanFromEngland » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am

freebrickproductions wrote:Dragging this over from the Flat Bells thread:
NathanFromEngland wrote:Some pretty flat WABCO teardrops over in Italy.
Something i just noticed is that i think the signal on the left has a MCK&H teardrop!
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@44.07744 ... 312!8i6656
Its also worth pointing out that the bell on the right was a WABCO mechanical bell back in 2011.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@44.07747 ... 312!8i6656
Raco_GS

Post by Raco_GS » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:14 pm

The BC Railfan wrote:Arrrrgh! Those E-Bells! Those E-Bells should be grounded! :Mad: :Mad: :Mad: :Mad: :Mad: :Mad:
Why?

Did they stay up past their bedtime? :Roll:
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:37 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
freebrickproductions wrote:Dragging this over from the Flat Bells thread:
NathanFromEngland wrote:Some pretty flat WABCO teardrops over in Italy.
Something i just noticed is that i think the signal on the left has a MCK&H teardrop!
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@44.07744 ... 312!8i6656
Nope it's either a WABCO or US&S teardrop. McKenzie & Holland teardrop rain shields extend past the sides of the bell.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
The BC Railfan

Post by The BC Railfan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:14 am

PaulSP wrote:
The BC Railfan wrote:Arrrrgh! Those E-Bells! Those E-Bells should be grounded! :Mad: :Mad: :Mad: :Mad: :Mad: :Mad:
Why?

Beacause one of them ruined a Teardrop Bell and the other one ruined a Griswold Bell. :(
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:01 pm

The BC Railfan wrote:
PaulSP wrote:
Why?

Beacause one of them ruined a Teardrop Bell and the other one ruined a Griswold Bell. :(
How the f*** did a US&S Teardrop bell and a Griswold mechanical bell get ruined by e-bells?! :Blink: The mechanical bells just died, dude. It happens.
Crossing pictures from Plant City, FL are finally here! viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2538
NathanFromEngland

Post by NathanFromEngland » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:29 pm

ZachL wrote:
The BC Railfan wrote:
PaulSP wrote:
Why?

How the f*** did a US&S Teardrop bell and a Griswold mechanical bell get ruined by e-bells?! :Blink: The mechanical bells just died, dude. It happens.
Not the case, maybe they had reached their end of life, and the railroad (Altamont Corridor Express) wanted to modernize and make the crossing more safer by adding E-Bells?
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:53 pm

NathanFromEngland wrote:
ZachL wrote:
The BC Railfan wrote:
PaulSP wrote:
Why?

Not the case, maybe they had reached their end of life, and the railroad (Altamont Corridor Express) wanted to modernize and make the crossing more safer by adding E-Bells?
Safety has nothing to do with e-bell versus mechanical bell.
ToledoRailfan
No Longer Associated With The Forum

Post by ToledoRailfan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:18 pm

ZachL wrote:
NathanFromEngland wrote:
ZachL wrote:
The BC Railfan wrote:
PaulSP wrote:
Why?

Safety has nothing to do with e-bell versus mechanical bell.
I'm not trying to start anything but I think 'The BC Railfan' is too young for this forum. We got to draw the line somewhere.
ZachL

Post by ZachL » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:40 pm

ToledoRailfan wrote:I'm not trying to start anything but I think 'The BC Railfan' is too young for this forum. We got to draw the line somewhere.
Well in that case, you're right. Besides, under federal law, individuals under the age of 13 are not permitted to register to websites without parental consent.

Plus, it's outlined in the forum's FAQ as well: faq.php#f0r7
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:25 pm

ZachL wrote:
ToledoRailfan wrote:I'm not trying to start anything but I think 'The BC Railfan' is too young for this forum. We got to draw the line somewhere.
Well in that case, you're right. Besides, under federal law, individuals under the age of 13 are not permitted to register to websites without parental consent.

Plus, it's outlined in the forum's FAQ as well: faq.php#f0r7
I know Mike didn't allow members to be under the age of 18 (IIRC) when he was still alive and ran the forum, though I don't think that was enforced after he died. I joined not long after at the age of 13 myself, and was still in high school when Gillson promoted me to moderator, and then admin. Also, IIRC, the forum software doesn't allow anyone who claims to be under the age of 13 to register, though there's really nothing stopping someone from just claiming that they're 13 years or older when registering, and then changing it once registered.

However, there is a certain level of maturity that should be maintained on this board, regardless of age. If a 13 year old (or younger) can maintain that, then I have no problem with them staying. There are plenty of adults who act less mature 13 year olds out there...
I'll probably get together with the other admins and we'll see about discussing this, and making any policy changes as necessary.

Of course, that being said, The BC Railfan's two posts didn't demonstrate much maturity, IMHO. They really should've been toned down a notch. As a result, I've decided to put them on a ban until they're 13 or at least can maintain a reasonable level of maturity, whichever comes first.

Also:
ZachL wrote:
The BC Railfan wrote: Beacause one of them ruined a Teardrop Bell and the other one ruined a Griswold Bell. :(
The other bell was a Safetran mechanical bell, not a Griswold, Just FYI. And I'm not entirely sure if the mechanical bells were dead when they were replaced. Likely UP gave the signal maintainer for that section of the line some money and said "Go replace those bells".
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.