Locations Of Currently Known WRRS Mini-M-Bells

Talk about crossing signal lights, bells, and gates here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Locations Of Currently Known WRRS Mini-M-Bells

Post by TrainmanKight » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Same Topic as the teardrop just locations of mini bells
even thoe i like teardrops more than mini bells iam still posting this topic along with safetran hybrid locations
so we can find out which bell is rarer than the other and possible get more crossings on the site

338 S Karwick Rd, Michigan City, IN, United States
WRRS Mini bell on Chicago South Shore & South Bend railway
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 0364749517

344 N Clinton St, Chicago, IL, United States
A Mini bell on a Metra Line That Gets OVER 170 TRAINS ADAY!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!!
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 4898163296

YEP its really a mini bell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgz1r4AE ... annel_page
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
Andrewsaxamophone

Re: Locations Of ACTIVE WRRS Mini-M-Bell

Post by Andrewsaxamophone » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:23 pm

For that Chicago crossing, of course it is more than 170 a day. Three Metra lines use the tracks, and there are atleast 20 Chicago to Muilwaukee Amtrak's (and vise versa) plus the Metra work trains and light power moves from one side of Union to the other. I'm surprised that there is still a mini bell there, I gotta get there before something happens...
:Scared:
weatherdan882002

Post by weatherdan882002 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:59 pm

There's 2 places I can think of around me, both crossings protecting an Amtrak line, so I would assume they get quite a bit of train traffic. Unfortunately I've never been around while they've been ringing (at the very least, I believe all systems in NYS have the bells silenced while the gates are down).
AndrewFields

Post by AndrewFields » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Cruising on street view. Ferry Street in Detroit has two.

http://www.google.com/maps/mm?hl=en&geo ... 84858,,0,5
You think your car gets bad mileage? SP 4449 consumes 10 gallons of bunker oil and 100 gallons of water every mile.
AndyWS

Post by AndyWS » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:08 am

They are fairly common on the Wisconsin & Southern Railroad's lines in south-central Wisconsin, and there are a few left on the Canadian Pacific (all Milwaukee Road heritage which apparently was a big buyer of the bell).
Brent

Post by Brent » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:31 am

The only one left in Watertown, WI is at 10th Street now. All of the others have been replaced with standard WC Hayes bells. (Most of the 8" lights have been replaced at those crossings as well.)
AndyWS

Post by AndyWS » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Brent wrote:The only one left in Watertown, WI is at 10th Street now. All of the others have been replaced with standard WC Hayes bells. (Most of the 8" lights have been replaced at those crossings as well.)
:Curse1: CP!
SirKrunch

Post by SirKrunch » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:05 pm

Well, :Censored:
SirKrunch

Post by SirKrunch » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:12 pm

AndyWS wrote:
Brent wrote:The only one left in Watertown, WI is at 10th Street now. All of the others have been replaced with standard WC Hayes bells. (Most of the 8" lights have been replaced at those crossings as well.)
:Curse1: CP!
Yes... the same idiots that got rid of the 'Wags in Iowa at Peosta and Epworth and left the crossings just signal-less. Really should have considered at least alternating light signals.
Well, :Censored:
Brent

Post by Brent » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:59 pm

Well, kind of good news to report for you mini-bell lovers. There was recently a new installation of a mini bell in Elkhorn, WI at the Highway 67 crossing on Wisconsin & Southern's Elkhorn Sub. This crossing received brand new cantilever signals a few years ago when the highway was rebuilt. For some reason, the bell that was originally put up has been removed and replaced with mini-bell.