My latest edition to my crossing bell collection

Talk about crossing signal lights, bells, and gates here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Nascar Fan007

My latest edition to my crossing bell collection

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:46 pm

It finally came! My latest edition to my crossing bell collection is here after waiting 2 and a half weeks for it to ship. I got this bell off of eBay from a seller who lives in Michigan. Both me and @BryantsRailfanProductions bought a bell from the guy. He bought a 1st gen wch mechanical bell while I bought this hybrid. The seller also had two wrrs mini bells, as well as an rrs (pre wrrs) mechanical bell. This has been a bell I wanted for a long time now since these bells are becoming rare. I will be cleaning the bell out as I've noticed a dead hornet that fell out of the bell. The seller did say the bell works, but I want to give it a good cleaning to see if it does anyway. As I've mentioned in the video, these bells do exist on the Mexico Sub but the ones that exist in Marshall, MO will all be replaced since the CPKC is going to be doing upgrades there. Last I checked, the ones in Alma, and Corder exist for the time being. I hope to record those at some point before they get replaced.

Update. I have tested it and it unfortunately doesn't work, but I will try to find. way to get it to work again. I'll most likely be restoring this bell, as well as fix up the rust on both the inside, and outside of the gong.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
freebrickproductions

Re: My latest edition to my crossing bell collection

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun May 07, 2023 12:36 pm

Nice! Shame it doesn't work, hopefully you can get that b-pack replaced with something that'll work.

Been thinking of trying an Arduino, but I need to figure out which board would be the best one to get.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Tue May 09, 2023 10:41 pm

Update. It turns out my hybrid does work albeit a bit flat. Not only that, but I did also recently get a 1st gen wch mechanical bell from the same seller I bought the hybrid from.
Proud owner of a safetran mechanical bell and Griswold mechanical bell along with a pair of safetran 12x20 lights and a 8 inch light. Been a fan of trains since I was little. Main place I railfan on, The Sedalia Sub.
Nascar Fan007

Post by Nascar Fan007 » Sat May 13, 2023 6:14 pm

Vids I've took of both the Hybrid and WCH ringing on National Train Day.

I will be doing some work to both the WCH and Hybrid since they do both need a bit of TLC done to them. As you can see with the Safetran mechanical to the left. I rotated the gong on it.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun May 14, 2023 1:22 pm

Nice! I guess the sound could be due to the rust on the inside of the gong.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.