Wayne St., Waterloo, IN

Talk about crossing signal lights, bells, and gates here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

SirKrunch

Wayne St., Waterloo, IN

Post by SirKrunch » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:13 pm

I happened to notice toward the bottom the new update showing the replacement of the last GRS ped gate with a reused gate mech, and the question of where it came from. Checking the crossing locator app, Crossing 509325V which NS has labeled as "ROAD 1100 WEST" is a good possibility. Streetview of the crossing is fairly recent, and shows two gated signals there that are new enough they do not have an old white NS ENS sticker on them. This matches up with the closeup phone on the site too, http://www.rxrsignals.com/Indiana/R-Z/W ... yne/38.JPG where the remnants of the old crossing number could support it starting with 509.
Well, :Censored:
freebrickproductions

Re: Wayne St., Waterloo, IN

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:24 am

SirKrunch wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:13 pm
I happened to notice toward the bottom the new update showing the replacement of the last GRS ped gate with a reused gate mech, and the question of where it came from. Checking the crossing locator app, Crossing 509325V which NS has labeled as "ROAD 1100 WEST" is a good possibility. Streetview of the crossing is fairly recent, and shows two gated signals there that are new enough they do not have an old white NS ENS sticker on them. This matches up with the closeup phone on the site too, http://www.rxrsignals.com/Indiana/R-Z/W ... yne/38.JPG where the remnants of the old crossing number could support it starting with 509.
It's also a former Conrail line, which would support the 1-877 phone number NS initially used for the crossings they inherited from Conrail.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.