State Street, Hackensack, NJ

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

State Street, Hackensack, NJ

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:32 pm

*originally recorded on 9-12-17*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WRRS cast-iron 8 inch lights, a WRRS mechanical bell, a WRRS gate mechanism, NEG gate lights, and a Safetran gate light.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a WCH Type 3 electronic bell, and WCH LED gate lights.
Pedestrian signal on the left: a WRRS gate mechanism.
Pedestrian signal on the right: 1 pair of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a WCH gate mechanism, and WCH gate lights.

After I caught the two trains in Garfield, NJ, I went back to this crossing to meet with the signal maintainers' manager. While I was there, I recorded them testing the crossing. During the second test, a fire truck pulled out to respond to a call, so one of the signal maintainers lifted up the crossing gate to let the fire truck through, though the signals shut off shortly afterwards. A few other trucks left after that one, but I didn't get them on video.

This crossing was in the process of being upgraded when I recorded it. Originally, the road signal on the right was a WRRS signal with a cats-eye crossbuck and a Modern Industries mechanical bell with the pedestrian signal on that side being another WRRS signal with Modern Industries 8 inch lights. However, due to this street getting converted back into a two way street from a one-way street, the NYSW is having the replace the signals here. Main Street will also be getting this treatment, though the replacement won't start until spring, IIRC. Since this video was taken, the signal with the WRRS mechanical bell has been replaced, and the new pedestrian signal has had a pair of side lights added. I was also able to get the old Modern Industries mechanical bell from the already removed signal, but a video of that won't come for a while (got to figure out how to get the bell open first). And before anyone asks why I didn't get the cats-eye crossbuck, the crossbuck was already claimed by the manager so that he could keep it as it's the last one along the line.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
NathanFromEngland

Re: State Street, Hackensack, NJ

Post by NathanFromEngland » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:

*originally recorded on 9-12-17*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WRRS cast-iron 8 inch lights, a WRRS mechanical bell, a WRRS gate mechanism, NEG gate lights, and a Safetran gate light.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a WCH Type 3 electronic bell, and WCH LED gate lights.
Pedestrian signal on the left: a WRRS gate mechanism.
Pedestrian signal on the right: 1 pair of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a WCH gate mechanism, and WCH gate lights.

After I caught the two trains in Garfield, NJ, I went back to this crossing to meet with the signal maintainers' manager. While I was there, I recorded them testing the crossing. During the second test, a fire truck pulled out to respond to a call, so one of the signal maintainers lifted up the crossing gate to let the fire truck through, though the signals shut off shortly afterwards. A few other trucks left after that one, but I didn't get them on video.

This crossing was in the process of being upgraded when I recorded it. Originally, the road signal on the right was a WRRS signal with a cats-eye crossbuck and a Modern Industries mechanical bell with the pedestrian signal on that side being another WRRS signal with Modern Industries 8 inch lights. However, due to this street getting converted back into a two way street from a one-way street, the NYSW is having the replace the signals here. Main Street will also be getting this treatment, though the replacement won't start until spring, IIRC. Since this video was taken, the signal with the WRRS mechanical bell has been replaced, and the new pedestrian signal has had a pair of side lights added. I was also able to get the old Modern Industries mechanical bell from the already removed signal, but a video of that won't come for a while (got to figure out how to get the bell open first). And before anyone asks why I didn't get the cats-eye crossbuck, the crossbuck was already claimed by the manager so that he could keep it as it's the last one along the line.
Sorry for the unnecessary topic bump.
Here's what the crossing looks like now.