Woodland Avenue, Reno, NV

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Woodland Avenue, Reno, NV

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:21 am

*originally recorded on 10-27-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Harmon 12x24 inch lights with Harmon Fading LEDs, a WCH Type 3(?) electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and Electro-tech LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with WCH Clear LEDs, a WCH Type 3 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and Electro-tech LED gate lights.

This crossing is a very nice one, and was the main crossing I wanted to record on the Roseville Sub. The main reason is due to the right-hand signal, which still has a full set of WCH Clear LEDs! These LEDs aren't too common to find, as WCH only produced them in the early to mid 2000s (from what I can tell), and only a handful of railroads used them, including UP, so they can be found on UP lines across the country, though are a bit hard to find. WCH Clear LEDs have a bit of a unique look to them, as the LEDs were made with clear lenses while most other LEDs typically use lenses that are tinted red. The bell on the right-hand signal was also set rather slow, which isn't something you see too often. Back in 2011, the right-hand signal used to have 20 inch backgrounds on the lights according to Google Streetview. However, when they came back through later in the same year, UP had upgraded the lights 24 inch backgrounds, which means these have faded pretty fast! The far signal also used to sport some Alstom LED gate lights, but those were replaced with the Electro-tech LEDs sometime between 2011 and 2017.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.