14th Street, Jasper, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

14th Street, Jasper, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:42 pm

*originally recorded on 11-13-20*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.

After chasing BNSF H-MEMBIR back down into Birmingham, I went back north to Jasper to get the remaining three crossings I needed to document documented. While I was here, I knew NS 329 was approaching with NS 1074 leading, but sadly, it stopped in Parrish to have to wait for NS 320 (I'm guessing it and 320 were too large to fit anywhere else). However, 320 was getting close, so I set on up here at this crossing and waited for it. After a while of waiting, NS 320 came through, but with a lash-up that wasn't really as interesting: an NS ES44DC leading an NS Dash-9, and a pair of NS AC44C6Ms working as the mid-train DPUs. After this, I just went on home since my family was doing home-made pizzas and I wanted to join them for that.

This crossing is a pretty nice one to end off on, though. The signals here were installed by NS back in the late-90s, and haven't really changed since they were installed. In fact, the only major change here appears to be that the closer signal had its original GS Type 1 replaced with the current GS Type 3 sometime recently. Certainly makes for a nice bell combo, though.
Nothing much else to say about these signals, but I am glad to have gotten this crossing recorded. The angle of the sun at the time does make the lights a bit hard to see, however.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: 14th Street, Jasper, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:39 am

Filmed this crossing on the side with the GS Type 1 on 7-8-23.

No major changes to the equipment here itself, but NS did remove the unused storage/house track here since I last filmed this crossing, however, resulting in the 2 tracks signs here being removed. The closer signal in this video also appears to have gained a RECO LED gate light since I last filmed this crossing.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Jasper/14/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.