Church Street, Kingston, GA

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Church Street, Kingston, GA

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:42 pm

*originally recorded on 1-11-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.

After catching CSX M647 on the north side of Calhoun, I chased it on down to this crossing in Kingston for my second video of it. After a bit of waiting, here we get to see M647 rolling by once again.

NGL, this crossing is honestly a pretty great one. I'm not entirely sure how old these signals are, admittedly, as they appear to either be a Safetran SBD install from the 80s with a replaced relay case or an early-90s CSX install with a reused Safetran mechanical bell. Either way, in the late-90s or 2000s, CSX replaced the gate mechanism on the closer signal with the current one. The signals here then remained largely unchanged until early-2022, when CSX upgraded the W&A Subdivision in Georgia to LED, with this crossing being no exception. Thankfully, the classic Safetran mechanical bell here still remains, still sounding very strong and healthy. There definitely ain't too many Safetran mechanical bells left on the W&A, so I'm glad to see this one's likely to stick around for a while yet.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Georgia/G-Q/Kingston/Church/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.