CR 47, Clanton, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

CR 47, Clanton, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed May 08, 2024 12:37 pm

*originally recorded on 5-1-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a dead General Signals (Type 1?) electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching the loaded coal train, the northbound it met began to leave the siding. As such, @madisoncountysirens4295 and I chased it north to this crossing on the south side of Clanton. It turned-out to be M646, which had an AC44CW leading an ES44AH for power with a friendly crew, and a caboose on the end of it! Definitely nice getting to catch another caboose.

This crossing is a decent one, featuring a 1998 CSX install with some upgrades to it. Unfortunately, sometime between 2017 and 2022, CSX replaced the original GS e-bell on the closer signal with the current NEG e-bell. Then, sometime between September of 2023 and when I recorded this, the closer signal's gate mech was replaced with the current Siemens one, though I didn't notice until later. Unfortunately, before I was able to get out here, the remaining GS e-bell here also died, which is a shame as I'd been meaning to get this crossing recorded for a long time. Oh well, at least the lights here are still incandescent. The bell on the closer signal here also rings until the gates rise, which is nice to see as well, though I doubt this is intentional given that the bell briefly stops when the gates lower. Still, I'm glad I was finally able to get a recording of this crossing.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Clanton/CR47/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.