Back at it again

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

brickbuilder711

Back at it again

Post by brickbuilder711 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:10 am

Hey guys, been a huge while since I was last on here but I managed to score an array of videos of grade crossing and grade crossing equipment.

I'll post 5-10 at a time here through the way of YouTube videos.

I know BBT609 has been contributing an array of pictures and I really appreciated the time he put in, I couldn't afford the time.

Here's a sample:

Delray Beach - Atlantic Ave.

Boca Raton - Camino Real (and later but vague, Hillsboro on CSX)

Aventura - NE 203 Street

Aventura - Miami Gardens Drive

SAFETY FIRST WHEN RAILFANNING TRACKSIDE! Respect private property and DO NOT TRESPASS!

Tolga E.
Miami, FL
Local S Florida Railfan
brickbuilder711

Re: Back at it again

Post by brickbuilder711 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:12 am

NW 37 Ave - The southernmost US Crossing with Safetran suspension 80s cantilevers

SAFETY FIRST WHEN RAILFANNING TRACKSIDE! Respect private property and DO NOT TRESPASS!

Tolga E.
Miami, FL
Local S Florida Railfan
bnsflover

Post by bnsflover » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi, Tolga!

From the first video in the first post, the defect detector at 2:44 sounds weird. Union Pacific's sounds more normal. :LOL3:
Rob
Certrified BNSF Lover.
BNSF rulez!
brickbuilder711

Post by brickbuilder711 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:55 pm

bnsflover wrote:Hi, Tolga!

From the first video in the first post, the defect detector at 2:44 sounds weird. Union Pacific's sounds more normal. :LOL3:
BNSF and CSX have that voice too.

Train 202 through good old 17th Street, Andrew Plummer put it up here 9 years ago:

FEC Train 222 through SW 24 ST and Hillsboro Blvd. Hillsboro is one of the first upgraded crossings to have WCH electronic bells on the FEC mainline, not counting the K-branch.

Tolga E.
Miami, FL
Local S Florida Railfan
bnsflover

Post by bnsflover » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:06 pm

brickbuilder711 wrote:
bnsflover wrote:Hi, Tolga!

BNSF and CSX have that voice too.

Train 202 through good old 17th Street, Andrew Plummer put it up here 9 years ago:

FEC Train 222 through SW 24 ST and Hillsboro Blvd. Hillsboro is one of the first upgraded crossings to have WCH electronic bells on the FEC mainline, not counting the K-branch.

First Video: Ooh, clanky bell!
Second video: Nice bells! How many bells did they have? The crossing near my house has four bells, and one of them clicks, so it kind of makes a "tune". And each one of the bells at my crossing has a different pitch.
Rob
Certrified BNSF Lover.
BNSF rulez!
brickbuilder711

Post by brickbuilder711 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 pm

The second gate fails to drop.

Tolga E.
Miami, FL
Local S Florida Railfan
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:55 pm

brickbuilder711 wrote:

The second gate fails to drop.
gate got caught up on the cantilever :LOL3:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
cabman701

Post by cabman701 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:58 pm

TRAINMANKIGHT wrote:gate got caught up on the cantilever :LOL3:
Looks like the gate got hit or something happened to it. You can see in the video it is leaning hard toward the cantilever for some reason.
TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Post by TrainmanKight » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:04 pm

cabman701 wrote:
TRAINMANKIGHT wrote:gate got caught up on the cantilever :LOL3:
Looks like the gate got hit or something happened to it. You can see in the video it is leaning hard toward the cantilever for some reason.
yah the sheer pins have to rotate about 45 degrees before it will fall off
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
brickbuilder711

Post by brickbuilder711 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 am

Some Orlando area crossings

Miami's Douglas Road with Suspension cantilevers + Orlando's Columbia Street + Winter Park's New England Ave. NE Ave is a 4 quad crossing.

For Q188 you can see New England again (4 quad) and New York and Lyman (intersection), and for Q235, Morse Blvd.

Tolga E.
Miami, FL
Local S Florida Railfan