Defective LED Lights?

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freedomtowerman

Defective LED Lights?

Post by freedomtowerman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:52 pm

Hey there.

About a month ago, I was filming a New York Susquehanna and Western train at the Hamburg Turnpike crossing in Riverdale NJ.

While the signals were active, the LED lights kept fading in and out! I thought it was the lights themselves, but I watched them with my own eyes (not through the camera) and they worked fine.

Do all LED lights do this?

Or is it the camera that's causing it?

TrainmanKight
Site Admin

Re: Defective LED Lights?

Post by TrainmanKight » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:01 pm

It's the frame rate of the camera that's having problems with the L.E.D. lights.
Most common is with WCH L.E.D.s
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
People who need a foot up their Ass affect the lives of many. There is still no cure for someone who needs a foot up their Ass, except a foot up their Ass
I speak my mind, if you don't like that oh well. I'll have you fill out a hurt feelings report and submit that to my office.
Be Sure To See My YouTube Account http://www.youtube.com/user/TrainmanKight
cabman701

Re: Defective LED Lights?

Post by cabman701 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:18 am

About a month or so ago, I saw a video on YouTube where the lights did that. Someone asked what caused it. I commented that it was the camera... but the person who uploaded the video SWORE that it wasn't his camera and the lights really did that and he had to "call them in".

I was like whatever... :Laugh: