Drake Avenue, Huntsville, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Re: Drake Avenue, Huntsville, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:00 pm

Got another video here back on 1-3-23:
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:09 pm

*originally recorded on 2-15-23*

Signal on the left: 1 pair of Federal Signal 8 inch lights, 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, and 3 pairs of Federal Signal 12x20 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 1 pair of Federal Signal 12x20 inch lights, 1 pair of WRRS 8 inch lights, 1 pair of Federal Signal 8 inch lights with Electro-tech LEDs, 3 pairs of Federal Signal 12x20 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, and a WRRS mechanical bell.

This was the third crossing I set-up to catch the HMCR at. I'd thought about going for another video of Airport Road, but decided I'd rather get Drake Avenue instead, and that it'd be hard to chase a 27-car train between the two crossings. Probably could've gotten Airport Road it turns-out, as they stopped just south of the crossing to cut-off 23 of the cars to pull into their yard downtown tomorrow.
Anyways, here we see the HMCR continuing on north yet again, though this time with just the four cars they didn't cut-off from the train.

As you can see, there's been quite an upgrade here since I last recorded this crossing earlier this year, with both signals having had changes to them! The signal on the far side has gotten a pair of rear mast lights installed on it, these being a pair of seemingly re-used Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs in them, though I'm not sure where they would've come from. They do honestly look like they came from a CSX line somewhere though. The rest of this signal remains unchanged though, with all of the old Federal Signal lights on it remaining incandescent.
The closer signal has also had a notable upgrade to it, with all of its overhead lights having been upgraded to LED! The LEDs are also a bit of a mix, with the 12 inch lights being upgraded to WCH 2nd Gen LEDs and the one pair of 8 inch lights being upgraded to a pair of 8 inch Electro-tech LEDs. Thankfully, the mast lights are still fully incandescent (for the time being, at least), and the WRRS bell here is also still around and sounding fairly healthy. I suppose it makes sense that the HMCR would give this crossing an at least partial LED upgrade, as the lights here, especially the FS 12x20s, were very, very dim, especially on sunny days. Hopefully these signals remain unchanged for many more years to come after this though.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Huntsville/Drake/

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:35 am

No changes here as of 4-17-23:

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:35 am

Got another video here on 8-17-23:

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:13 pm

Recorded a video here on the eastern side of the crossing yesterday: