Stone Road, Brownsboro, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Stone Road, Brownsboro, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun May 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type-2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Stone Road, Brownsboro, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:28 pm

*originally recorded on 11-7-21*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.

As I was filming the HMCR crossing Pinhook Creek in downtown Huntsville (the video that clip's part of will be posted later, BTW), I heard a train come flying through on the NS Memphis East heading east. As such, I decided to go chase it down, and I was successfully able to beat it to this crossing. The train turned-out to be NS 264, which had a BNSF ES44C4 leading a BNSF ES44AC and another BNSF ES44C4. Nothing too interesting, I suppose, but still always nice to see something, anyways.

Since I last recorded this crossing, NS has gone through and replaced both gate arms here, and now all of the gate lights are from RECO. I'd thought they'd replaced both signal bases as well, but it turns out they were always double-sided Safetran bases upon looking at my older pictures here. Similarly, other than the gate arms and gate lights, no major changes appear to have occurred to this crossing.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Brownsboro/Stone/

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:54 pm

*originally recorded on 2-9-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO gate lights.

After I filmed the HMCR at Holmes Avenue, I watched them finish-up work, then I decided to look and see if anything was coming on the NS. I was waiting at the light at Holmes Avenue when this NS 362 came through, so I decided to try and chase it east. As I didn't have my scanner with me, I didn't know where the train was at, so I just decided to head over to this crossing when I saw I was ahead of it. Here we see NS 362 flying through with a UP ES44AH leading an NS ES44DC and an NS AC44C6M for power.

Since I last filmed this crossing, it appears that there have been a couple of changes here, both to the signal on the far side. First off, the front-left light on that signal was replaced, though it was just with a newer Safetran 12x20. The other change to it was the gate lights, which were upgraded to a set of RECO LED gate lights for some reason. No other changes appear to have occurred to this crossing, however.
Also, I noticed when I was editing this video that the tip gate light on the closer signal is mis-wired and flashes with the one towards the base of the gate arm. Not sure if this was the case when I last filmed it, but it definitely does it now!

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/Brownsboro/Stone/

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:08 pm

No major changes here as of 7-19-23, though I was able to film on the north side of the crossing this time around:

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:09 pm

No changes here as of 9-30-23:

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:45 am

Still the same as of 11-28-23:

freebrickproductions

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:29 am

Got another video of this crossing on 4-15-24: