Hawk Pride Mountain Road, near Tuscumbia, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Hawk Pride Mountain Road, near Tuscumbia, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:28 pm

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type-1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type-1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

The e-bells here are really quiet for some reason.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Hawk Pride Mountain Road, near Tuscumbia, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Got a video from the other side on 7-9-19:

Turns out the GS Type 1 on the signal with three pairs of lights is dead, which it probably also was back when I recorded this last time, which would explain why the bells were so quiet.

freebrickproductions

Re: Hawk Pride Mountain Road, near Tuscumbia, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 pm

*originally recorded on 6-14-21*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.
Signal on the right: 4 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and NEG gate lights.

Once I got out to the Shoals, I went over to this crossing since I knew the bells at it had been replaced. I documented the bells and then left to head west and check the nearby signals to see if anything was coming, when I heard a defect detector about 12 miles to my west go off. As such, I quickly hopped back over to this crossing and set-up, and a little while later, NS 16A came through with a pair of BNSF SD70ACes for power.

As you can see, since I last recorded this crossing a couple of years back, it appears that the remaining GS Type 1 here must've died, so NS replaced both with GS Type 3s. No other notable changes have occured here though, but it is a shame to see more GS Type 1s go.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/T ... _Mountain/