Cooperage Way, near Trinity, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Cooperage Way, near Trinity, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Fading LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Fading LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After seeing some videos taken from this location, I had wanted to find a pair of new signals that had been installed near Trinity, AL. I had suspected that this crossing was the location of the signals, and it turns out that I was right!
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Cooperage Way, near Trinity, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:27 pm

freebrickproductions

Re: Cooperage Way, near Trinity, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:21 pm

*originally recorded on 3-11-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a Siemens gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching M212, I was heading back towards AL 20 when I saw 283 waiting to go across the river. As such, I decided to go back across Decatur over to this crossing just west of Trinity to wait for it. After waiting here for a little bit, I was able to catch my sixth train of the day: NS 283 flying out of Trinity with an NS AC44C6M leading a BNSF ES44DC and a BNSF ES44C4 for power.

I decided to head back to this crossing since I hadn't recorded it since 2017, which is quite a while ago TBH. In the over six years since that video, barely anything here has changed. However, it appears that NS replaced the tip gate light on the far signal with an NEG LED gate light at some point, the first NEG LED gate light that I've found along the NS Memphis District East End. I guess I'll need to start looking out for them along this line now, the maintainers here were pretty solidly RECO for the longest time.
The bell on the far signal has also already lost a fair amount of paint on it, surprisingly, making it look a lot older than it probably is.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/T ... Cooperage/