Piney Chapel Road, Piney Chapel, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Piney Chapel Road, Piney Chapel, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu May 11, 2017 12:46 am

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This crossing is another rather boring one, being another 2010s install with an NEG e-bell, pretty much exactly the same as Davis Avenue in Ardmore, AL, only minus one pair of lights and the faded 2 Tracks signs.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Piney Chapel Road, Piney Chapel, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:52 pm

*originally recorded on 8-5-23*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.

After I got I029 just outside of Ardmore, I continued on south, checking for any upgrades. When I got here, I saw that there was a minor one here, so I set up and waited. After several hours of waiting, due to the fact that CSX wasn't running much, if anything at all, during the afternoon due to the heat, I was eventually able to get my sixth train of the day: CSX M647 with a CM44AC leading a pair of AC44CWs on the head-end and another CM44AC working as the mid-train DPU.

Since I last filmed here, CSX has replaced the tip gate light here on the closer signal with an NEG LED gate light. A very minor upgrade, I know, but I want up to date shots of the crossings on the S&NA North for my compilation video (which, as I've since gotten all the shots I need, has since been made and will be posted at some point). No other changes appear to have occurred here since I last recorded this crossing, which, admittedly, was all the way back in 2017.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/P ... ey_Chapel/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.