Woods Cove Road, Scottsboro, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Woods Cove Road, Scottsboro, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights.
The bell is a Safetran mechanical bell mounted on the relay case.

A while later, NS A81 finished up their work and headed north back up the branch line to the NS Memphis District East End's main line, where it would get a crew change and become NS A85 before heading back west through Huntsville to Decatur. I decided to record them here at this crossing since it was the last of the "regularly" used crossings along the line that I had yet to record.

As you can see, like the other crossings along this line, this crossing has a tail ring malfunction. However, unlike the others, this one has a broken flasher relay at it, so the lights are stuck looking like this whenever the crossing activates! The lights on the right-hand signal also do work, but are extremely dim for some reason, even though the lights are rather new (having replaced some 8 inch ones a few years ago). As a result though, NS A81 has to stop and the conductor (who I was chatting with briefly) has to stop and flag the crossing before they can continue. According to him, the flasher relay has been broken like this as long as he can remember. The Safetran mechanical bell here doesn't sound too bad though.

Also, all of the crossings I recorded today featured mechanical bells.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/Scott ... oods_Cove/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Woods Cove Road, Scottsboro, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:47 am

No major changes here as of 7-28-23:

Thankfully, in the time between my two videos here, NS had fixed the broken flasher relay here. Unfortunately, the Safetran mechanical bell here is now dying.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/R-Z/S ... oods_Cove/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.