Warren Avenue, Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Warren Avenue, Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, L&W gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.
Near signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, an NEG gate light, an L&W gate light, and a General Signals gate light.
Far signal on the right: 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights.

After catching the NS freight at Hollywood Avenue I made my way down to this crossing. Here I caught another northbound NJT train, this one with another Bombardier ALP45-DP for the power.

This crossing is rather nice. It has a pair of Safetran signals (though one has had the gate mech replaced on it), but interestingly enough, one of the original WRRS signals here still remains (though with newer lights on it)! I don't know why the NJT left the old WRRS gateless signal on the far side behind, but I ain't complaining. Just shows what kind of equipment this crossing would've had originally. The crossing is also located on a rather sharp bend, which is why the gateless signal is where it is, even though there's no side streets here.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/New_Jersey/Ho_Ho_Kus/Warren/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.