Malcom Avenue, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Malcom Avenue, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 pm

*originally recorded on 9-15-17*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a WCH mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, an L&W LED gate light, and two NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the far right: 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs.
Signal on the near right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran mechanical bell, a WCH gate mechanism, an NEG LED gate light, and two L&W LED gate lights.

This crossing is easily one of my favorite NJT crossings that I saw. IDK why I like it so much, but it's probably due to the fact that it has a really nice mixture of equipment at it, especially with the gated signals using WCH gate mechs and incandescent Safetran 12x24s. I actually passed this crossing a lot on NJ 17 (located right behind me) when I was going to/from the crossings in Hackensack and other lines to the north of here (NJT Main Line and CSX River Line), so I'm glad I was able to record it. Also, when the crossing activates, the traffic lights at the crossing turn red, while the signals at the intersection behind me turn green to clear the tracks of any traffic waiting on them. However, as you can see, a guy waiting at the crossing decided to run the red light and active crossing signals just to use that green light behind me.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.