Williams Avenue, Madison, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Williams Avenue, Madison, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:38 pm

*originally recorded on 12-29-17*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a dead WCH mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Modern Industries mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This crossing is a pretty nice one, with a bit of a unique set-up on the far side. It appears that the crossing was upgraded from the previous signals it had in the early 1990s, but CSX re-used the bells from the old signals. Later on, sometime around 2010 or 2011, if I had to hazard a guess, the older Safetran gate mechanism on the near signal was replaced with a Safetran S-60 gate mechanism. Then, sometime in early 2013, the WCH mechanical bell had died so CSX replaced it with an NEG electronic bell. However, oddly enough, CSX decided to mount the new bell on the side of the mast while leaving the old bell on top of the signal! Seems like a rather cheap way to do it, IMO, but whatever works I guess.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.