Old Hickory Boulevard, Old Hickory, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Old Hickory Boulevard, Old Hickory, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 pm

*originally recorded on 1-26-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights and a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell.

This crossing is kinda boring compared to other crossings in the area, but, interestingly enough, the right-hand signal still features an old US&S signal from the Tennessee Central! The crossing likely had the lights and bell upgraded from the original (likely US&S) ones by the NERR, probably in the 1980s or 1990s, with the newer bell being a WCH mechanical bell. Sometime prior to 2013, the bell had the rain cover on it mostly broken off, but the bell was still on the right-hand signal when street view went through in 2016. Since then, it has quite obviously been replaced with a General Signals Type 3. There's also a gate for the tracks on the right-hand side of the crossing that can be seen automatically closing at the end of the video. The right-hand signal also has a fading single-sided crossbuck while the left-hand signal features an old double sided crossbuck, likely reused from an L&N crossbuck crossing.

Also, a quick word of warning. Be careful of where you park here, as the parking lot near the crossing is privately owned by the plant, and security told me to leave after I had gotten this crossing in action. I'm also not sure if the crossing is owned by the plant or not, but either way, you'll want to be careful when trying to get a train here. The wind also seems to have a tendency to blow over tripods here, both from passing trucks and from the wind blowing off of the nearby yard.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.