4th Avenue, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

4th Avenue, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 pm

*originally recorded on 1-27-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and 7 inch NEG LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and 7 inch NEG LED gate lights.
This crossing is in a quiet zone.

I had set-up at this crossing primarily because it has all 7 inch gate lights at it, making it a pure mid-2000s NERR install, but also because there was actually somewhere to park near it (apparently Mt. Juliet bans parking along the side of the road for some reason), which is also why I didn't go to the crossing with a Modern Industries mechanical bell nearby. The trains also go at a pretty decent speed through here, which is another reason why I set-up at this crossing. It's also the easternmost crossing in the quiet zone in Mt. Juliet.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: 4th Avenue, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:56 am

*originally recorded on 8-25-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, 7 inch NEG LED gate lights, and a 4 inch NEG LED gate light.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, a 7 inch NEG LED gate light, and 4 inch NEG LED gate lights.
This crossing is in a quiet zone. Trains do not blow their horns at this crossing.

After I was able to get the second inbound Star train in Mt. Juliet, I went over to this crossing to wait on the outbound run to Mt. Juliet. After a bit of waiting, the outbound train came through with the pair of F40PH-3s for power.

Since I was last here, this crossing has thankfully remained largely unchanged. Unfortunately, in the five years since my last video here, the NERR has replaced about half of the original 7 inch NEG gate lights with 4 inch ones, but the signals have remained the same otherwise. They even still retain their original diagonally-striped gate arms, which is nice to see.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/G-Q/Mt_Juliet/4/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.