1st Avenue, Baxter, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

1st Avenue, Baxter, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm

*originally recorded on 1-27-18*

Signal on the left: 1 pair of Modern Industries 8 inch lights.
Signal on the far right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 8 inch lights and 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights.
Signal on the near right: 3 pairs of Modern Industries 8 inch lights and a Modern Industries mechanical bell.

Now here's another nice pure late-L&N set-up. The signals themselves are nice and have a cool set-up, especially with the far signal being "on the wrong side of the road" due to a side street being right where it'd normally be. However, the NERR did add a crossbuck in that quadrant, so that helps it a bit, I guess. There's also a third signal here that's for a pair of side lights, which you can see on the left. Certainly a bit unusual but cool as well. This crossing also has all MI equipment at it except for the cantilever, which is from WCH. It's quite obvious that this part of the line doesn't see much regular service, as the tracks are very rusty and I saw a broken piece of joint hardware near the crossing. Probably because of this, the detection equipment had a bit of trouble detecting the train, with the crossing shutting off three times while the train was passing.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.