Air Depot Road, Glencoe, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Air Depot Road, Glencoe, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:01 pm

*originally recorded on 2-26-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a General Signals Type 2 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

These signals are pretty recent ones for the ATN, with the signals only having been installed in October of 2015 (from what I understand), replacing a pair of crossbucks. Last time I was here, the old crossbucks were still laying on the ground and the cover gate mech on the left had fallen open despite the signals still being brand new at the time (and I did report it to the railroad), which has since been fixed as you can see, though I didn't notice if the old crossbucks were still laying there. I wasn't sure if this crossing would have GS Type 2s or GS Type 3s, but I certainly wasn't expecting both here! The bells also ring until the gates have lowered, and then again when the gates rise.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/G ... Air_Depot/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Air Depot Road, Glencoe, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:29 pm

*originally recorded on 9-23-21*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a dead NEG electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a dead General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching M715 at Hoke Street, I followed it down here to this crossing to finally get the new(ish) NEG e-bell recorded, which would've made for a nice GS Type 3/NEG bell combo. The NEG had actually been installed here back in 2019, replacing the GS Type 2 that was here, but I wasn't able to get it rerecorded until now. Unfortunately, as you can see, neither bell here was working at the time. Not sure if this was due to both bells suddenly dying, or if something was bad with the wiring on both signals (or even in the relay case). Either way, I guess I'll have to return to this crossing at some point in the future once again, lol.
As you can see, no other major changes have occured to this signals since I last recorded them, however.

freebrickproductions

Re: Air Depot Road, Glencoe, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am

*originally recorded on 4-16-24*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with GE Uniform Look LEDs, a WCH Type 4 electronic bell, a WCH gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching the first part of Y102 being brought to Glencoe, I chased them back down to the second part of the train, then chased them back up to here with said second part of the train. Here we see ATN Y102 with the second part of their train rolling to reconnect the two parts just north of here.

Since I last recorded this crossing, the ATN has fixed whatever the issue was that was causing the bells here not to work. Strangely, since my last video here, the NEG e-bell at this crossing was replaced with a WCH Type 4 e-bell, making it the third bell the closer signal here has had since it was installed back in 2016. Even more strangely, it seems the NEG has since been reused over at 7th Street #2 in Gadsden, so I have no idea why it was replaced here.