Very interesting crossing I recorded in Ohio

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Ethan the Railfanner

Very interesting crossing I recorded in Ohio

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:35 pm

Hello Guys! This is me, Ethan the Railfanner here, and I recorded a very interesting crossing near Middletown, Ohio: Trenton-Franklin Rd.

Info about the crossing: This crossing is probably the most interesting crossing I have recorded in my entire railfanning life, as this crossing has a mixture of Safetran, RACO, GRS, WCH, and Griswold Type B? 8 Inch lights!!!!!!!!!! Even better, a WRRS Mechanical sits at that crossing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Video

Signal on the far left: 3 Safetran 8 Inch lights, 1 RACO 8 Inch light, A Safetran Gate Mechanism, and RECO LED Gatelights
Signal on the near right: 2 WCH 8 Inch Lights, 2 GRS 8 Inch lights, 2 Griswold Type B? 8 Inch Lights, a Safetran Gate Mechanism, RECO LED Gatelights, and a WRRS Mechanical Bell

Google Maps Link
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.5424685 ... 328!8i1664

This was also the last train I caught in Ohio on my day trip, because after I caught the train, I spent the rest of the time with family, and went back to Nashville. I also ended up waiting over an hour for the train come by, because trains on that route through Trenton were kind of slow at the time I filmed this. But this crossings was the most interesting I have ever recorded. Also, this crossing is located near Middletown, as I went to Middletown and get a few catches in that city, but I don't railfan much on the NS line because of how many trains I see. I am sniffing out that TommyBNSF might come down here in the near feature, but i'm 100% Not sure.

Also, this was my 3rd time hearing a WRRS Mechanical Bell in Action! The first one was a crossing in Middletown, The second one was on Bob Wallace Avenue in Huntsville, AL, and the third is this one! This is also my first time seeing GRS and Griswold 8 Inch Lights in Person! I am one lucky young railfanner.

Locomotives:
CSX C40-8W 7871 YN2
CSX ES40DC 5216 YN3
Ethan the Railfanner; The main railroad crossing photographer of Southeast United States.

If you have any crossing photos that you would like for submissions:
DM me on the forum
DM me on Discord (ethantherailfanner)
freebrickproductions

Re: Very interesting crossing I recorded in Ohio

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Those appear to be old US&S lights on the near signal. Nice find!
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:28 am

Update: Hi everyone, this is an update for this crossing. When I was in my trip to ohio, some of the 8 inch lights were replaced with WCH 12x24 lights with I believe WCH 2nd Generation LEDs. The front lights were only replaced. The back lights and the side lights are still there. No picture. Sorry.
Ethan the Railfanner; The main railroad crossing photographer of Southeast United States.

DM me on the forum
Ethan the Railfanner

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Fri May 18, 2018 6:49 pm

This crossing recently replaced the front 8 inch lights, but still a nice crossing! The right crossing had its gatelights' wire cut off

DM me on the forum