Garrett Drive, Briarfield, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Garrett Drive, Briarfield, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:02 pm

*originally recorded on 3-23-18*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a General Signals Type 1 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This is another 1990s CSX install that's had both bells replaced. In fact, other than the fact that both signals have side lights, this crossing is pretty much almost exactly the same as the other one. However, I'm not sure if the NEG e-bell on the far side replaced another GS Type 1, or a WCH mechanical bell.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Garrett Drive, Briarfield, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:58 am

*originally recorded on 12-2-19*

Signal on the left: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching the CSX local leaving for Birmingham, I went to the west of Talladega to check out the crossings around there. While looking at them, I saw that the signal at the siding next to Renfroe Road was showing an indication for a train to enter the siding track, so I went back over here. I soon heard the horn of an approaching westbound and it turned out to be CSX A714 running lite to Coosa Pines with a single GP40-3 for power.

The only change to this crossing since I was last out here was that CSX has replaced the GS Type 1 here with another NEG e-bell. I'm guessing that the GS Type 1 here unfortunately died, which led to its replacement. Thankfully, I've observed no other changes to this crossing, including the fact that all of the lights here remain incandescent.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/B ... d/Garrett/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.