Glovers Ferry Road, Briarfield, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Glovers Ferry Road, Briarfield, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:02 pm

*originally recorded on 3-23-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, 2.5 pairs of Federal Signal 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, 1 WCH 12x24 inch light with a Dialight Ball LED, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 1 pair of Federal Signal 12x20 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, 1 pair of WCH 12x20 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, 2 pairs of Federal Signal 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This crossing has a rather interesting set-up, as it still features a pair of SCL cantilever signals from the 1970s, though some of the original Federal Signal side lights were later replaced with WCH ones. Then in the mid 1990s, the gate mechanism and rear lights on the far signal were replaced with Safetran 12x24 inch lights, followed by 2 more pairs of Safetran lights being installed at the same time this crossing had the lights upgraded to LED and the mechanical bells replaced in the mid 2000s. Since then, the only major change appears to have been the fact that the far signal also has since had its e-bell replaced with a newer one. I'm not sure when the overhead lights and one of the pairs of side lights got 24 inch backgrounds. The right-hand signal also has a WRRS base on the gate mast, though I don't know if that dates back to the ACL or was installed by the SCL with these signals. The far signal has a typical older Safetran base for these kinds of installs. A signal maintainer also showed-up shortly before the train came through, so I chatted with him a bit while I waited.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Glovers Ferry Road, Briarfield, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:52 am

*originally recorded on 10-14-23*

Signal on the left: 1 pair of Federal Signal 12x20 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, 1 pair of WCH 12x20 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, 2 pairs of Federal Signal 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, a NEG LED gate light, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Leotek EV Series LEDs, 2.5 pairs of Federal Signal 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Ball LEDs, 1 WCH 12x24 inch light with a Dialight Ball LED, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, NEG LED gate lights, and a RECO LED gate light.

After catching I140, I went on over to this crossing for my next video. After a bit of waiting, I was able to catch this CSX M647 with an ES44AH pulling and another ES44AH working as the mid-train DPU.

As you can see, since I last filmed this crossing, a few changes have occurred here. Most notably, about two thirds of the mast lights here have had their Dialight Ball LEDs replaced with Leotek EV Series LEDs, though thankfully the rest of the Dialight LEDs remain here. No idea why the front or side lights on the closer signal didn't have their LEDs replaced, it's definitely a bit strange. About half of the gate lights here have also been replaced with NEG LEDs since I was last here, but otherwise, no other notable changes appear to have occurred here. The old SCL signals here are very much still around, thankfully.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/A-F/B ... ers_Ferry/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.