Renfroe Tower Road #1, Jonesview, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Renfroe Tower Road #1, Jonesview, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:53 pm

*originally recorded on 3-23-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Federal Signal 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, a Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This is another crossing that features a pair of old SCL signals at it. In fact, other than the front mast lights on the far signal and the new LEDs, these signals are largely original! Both Safetran mechanical bells here also work, which is rather sweet, though it sounds like at least one has a bit of trouble starting. Seems that CSX has put LEDs in all of the Federal Signal lights along this line at this point. It also appears that the gate on the right-hand signal strikes the wind-guard and causes the gate mast to shake. The rear mast lights on the left-hand signal are also some older Safetran lights.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Renfroe Tower Road #1, Jonesview, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:50 pm

*originally recorded on 12-2-19*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, 1.5 pairs of Federal Signal 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, 1 Safetran 12x24 inch light with a Leotek EV Series LED, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After having the issues with my van, I had gotten the call from my mom and was browsing twitter when I heard a train approaching. As such, I decided to rush on over to this crossing and was successfully able to set-up a few minutes before the signals here activated. The train wound-up being an eastbound intermodal train with a BNSF ES44C4 leading two BNSF Dash-9s and another BNSF ES44C4.

Since I was last at this crossing in 2018, a few upgrades have occured. The first is that both Safetran mechanical bells here were unfortunately replaced with NEG e-bells. The other change was that the Federal Signal light on the mast of the closer cantilever was replaced, I'm guessing due to a vehicle striking it. The new light is a Safetran 12x24 inch light with a Leotek EV Series LED, and, interestingly enough, appears to have been re-used from somewhere as the LED already has some decently-sized sections in it dead. Other than that, I haven't observed any other changes to this crossing.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/J ... oe_Tower1/

freebrickproductions

Re: Renfroe Tower Road #1, Jonesview, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:59 am

*originally recorded on 10-14-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Modern Industries 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, 1.5 pairs of Federal Signal 12x24 inch lights with Dialight Low Wattage LEDs, 1 Safetran 12x24 inch light with a Dialight Ball LED, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching L803, I continued on over to this crossing. Not too long after I got here, I was able to catch CSX L818 heading over to Coosa Pines to do some work, with a pair of GP38-2s for power, running lite.

As you can see, there has also been another change to this crossing since I last recorded it, though only the one this time around. The dying Leotek EV Series LED here was replaced with a Dialight Ball LED, thankfully, which I'm guessing was reused from another crossing on the Lineville Sub. Thankfully, no other major changes appear to have occurred to this crossing since my last video, with these old SCL signals still holding on. The neighboring defect detector can also be heard reading out.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/J ... oe_Tower1/