Renfroe Tower Road #2, Jonesview, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Renfroe Tower Road #2, Jonesview, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:15 am

*originally recorded on 3-23-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an almost-dead Safetran mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This crossing is just up the road from Renfroe Tower Road #1, and is also the next crossing up the line from it when heading east (south). Like Renfroe Tower Road #1, this crossing features a pair of older SCL signals that are almost entirely original, aside from the newer gate arms and lights, a newer Safetran light on the right-hand signal, and, of course, the electronic bell. Sadly, the Safetran mechanical bell here is having trouble ringing, as it clicks rather audibly rather than actually ringing. I told the signal maintainer I saw earlier about it, and he said that he'd take a look at it while remarking that it probably needed some oil. The gate on the right hand side also whacks the wind-guard as well.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Renfroe Tower Road #2, Jonesview, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 pm

*originally recorded on 4-2-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

The only thing that's changed here since I was last here was that the dead Safetran mechanical bell was replaced. According to the maintainer, the coils in the old bell were starting to go, so the bell had to be replaced. Neither gate whacks the wind guards anymore either. The surrounding flora is looking a bit more lush as well.

freebrickproductions

Re: Renfroe Tower Road #2, Jonesview, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:10 am

*originally recorded on 10-14-23*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, a NEG electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, RECO LED gate lights, and an NEG LED gate light.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, an Safetran Type 2 electronic bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

After catching L818, I continued on over to this crossing to wait for another train. While waiting here, I decided to set-up on the north side of the crossing as the cloud cover made for some decent lighting on it, but, unfortunately, as my next train got close, the clouds decided to part for the entire duration of the video, making it a bit backlit. Either way, I was still able to get CSX I181 here, which had an H3 BNSF ES44DC leading an H2 BNSF Dash-9 and a "fakebonnet" BNSF Dash-9 for power.
After catching I181, I went over to North End Shocco, where I found CSX had another southbound lined behind I181. As such, I decided to return to this crossing and try for a better video here. Here I was able to catch CSX I125 with an ES44AH pulling and a CM44AC working as the mid-train DPU. Thankfully, this time around, the cloud-cover largely stayed in place, only breaking around the ends of the train.

Since I was last here, the only change CSX has made to these late-70s SCL signals was the replacement of one of the gate lights on the far signal with an NEG LED gate light. Thankfully, these signals have remained otherwise unchanged since I last recorded them.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/J ... oe_Tower2/