Pedestrian Crossing in Park City Kentucky

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

Ethan the Railfanner

Pedestrian Crossing in Park City Kentucky

Post by Ethan the Railfanner » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:01 pm

Now here's a classic L&N install at a former road crossing where now it is a pedestrian crossing in Park City Kentucky. Because According to freebrickproductions, he says that this used to be a road, and yes, he is correct, because sometime around 2011 and 2013 I think this road used to connect the other side. But then it was converted to a pedestrian crossing.

Signal on the left: 4 Pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 Lights, RECO Gatelights, and a Modern Industries Mechanical Bell
Signal on the right: 3 Pairs of Federal Signal 12x20 Lights and RECO Gatelights.

Now, I believe this is the only pedestrian crossing near me, because I live about an hour from this pedestrian crossing. I'm not sure about finding any other pedestrian crossings in my area.
Ethan the Railfanner; The main railroad crossing photographer of Southeast United States.

If you have any crossing photos that you would like for submissions:
DM me on the forum
DM me on Discord (ethantherailfanner)
freebrickproductions

Re: Pedestrian Crossing in Park City Kentucky

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:14 pm

No changes to this crossing as of 5-31-20:

Description wrote: *originally recorded on 5-31-20*

Signal on the left: 4 pairs of Modern Industries 12x20 inch lights, a Modern Industries mechanical bell, a GRS gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Federal Signal 12x20 inch lights, a GRS gate mechanism, and RECO LED gate lights.

This was the second crossing I chased Q573 to. Here we see them flying through the town of Park City, KY.

This crossing is another pretty nice one, and has been one I've been wanting to record for a while now. It appears that this crossing was originally installed in the mid-1970s by the L&N on a former section of Mammoth Cave Avenue. However, at some point between 2008 and 2013, the crossing was closed and pedestrianized, and appears to have remained that way since. In fact, a bit of the original double yellow line can still be seen towards the bottom of the frame.
However, the signals themselves appear to have remained largely unchanged since they were installed. For some reason, the gate mech on the far side appears to have been raised-up on its mast at some point, which looks a bit ugly (IMHO). However, it's still quite nice to see (and record) and old L&N install like this that's still mostly unchanged, especially if it's on what's now a pedestrian crossing!
At the time I was recording the video, CSX had torn out the grade here to probably replace the ties underneath it. I suspect the grade has since been redone, or will be redone sometime soon.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Kentucky/L-Q/ ... destrian1/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Pedestrian Crossing in Park City Kentucky

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:20 pm

And no changes here as of 12-6-23 either:
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.