Cherry Street, Springfield, FL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Cherry Street, Springfield, FL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:16 pm

*originally recorded on 7-3-18*

Far signal on the left: 3 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with General Signals LEDs, a WCH mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Dialight gate lights.
Far signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with General Signals LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Dialight gate lights.
Near signal on the left: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with General Signals LEDs, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Dialight LED gate lights.
Near signal on the right: 2 pairs of WCH 12x24 inch lights with General Signals LEDs, a WCH mechanical bell, a Safetran gate mechanism, and Dialight gate lights.

This crossing is a somewhat interesting one as it's a double crossing (the only one in the Panama City, FL area) and is also the last 1980s BAYL install in the Panama City area. The far left-hand signal also appears to have the last 1st Generation WCH mechanical bell in the Panama City area as well, though it skips a few beats occasionally so I suspect it might be starting to die. The far right-hand signal is supposed to have the pair of front lights off, and the pair of rear lights flashing, but for some reason, the pair of lights that flash was wired up wrong meaning that one front light and one rear light on the signal flash. The gate on the near right also appears to have had some trouble settling, as the bell on the signal rang once after the gate lowered. The crossing also has a "unique" smell to it due to the plant being right next to it, so I can't say I enjoyed hanging around here much...

Also, a word of caution for anyone thinking of railfanning here, keep in mind that the plant's security doesn't want people pointing their cameras towards the plant's property, even if you're taking pictures of the train sitting at the plant.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Cherry Street, Springfield, FL

Post by freebrickproductions » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:55 am

Here's a video of the other side from 7-6-18:
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.