Long Street, Lynn, AL

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Long Street, Lynn, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:50 am

*originally recorded on 7-29-18*

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Safetran 12x20 inch lights.
Signal on the right: 3 pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, 1 pair of Safetran 12x20 inch lights, and a General Signals Type 3 electronic bell.

This was the only other crossing I recorded on July 29th, and while it probably isn't the most interesting crossing out there, it's certainly slightly unusual due to the left-hand signal using a 4 inch mast while the right-hand uses a 5 inch mast for some reason. Back in 2009, the right-hand signal had three pairs of Harmon 12x24 inch lights and 1 pair of Safetran 12x24 inch lights, likely due to a vehicle clipping the signal, while the bell was a Safetran mechanical bell facing away from the road, while the left-hand signal at this time had two pairs of Safetran 12x24 inch lights and 1 pair of Safetran 12x20 inch lights pointing to the right. Sometime between then and now, NS replaced all of the lights here and the bell, but for some reason, during the light upgrade, NS decided to remove the side lights and not replace them on the left-hand signal, even though East Main Street parallels the tracks on that side of the crossing here (West Main Street is the cross street in the foreground, confusingly enough). It also appears that the right-hand signal, still gets clipped occasionally, despite large concrete blocks being added next to the signal sometime within the past 9 years, as one of the lights had been hit and was cocked to the right when I was here. I'm honestly not sure if the pair of 12x20 inch lights on the right-hand signal (both of which are directly above/below one another) is due to a car/truck clipping the signal or not.
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.
freebrickproductions

Re: Long Street, Lynn, AL

Post by freebrickproductions » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:54 am

Filmed the other side here on 7-8-23:

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Alabama/G-Q/Lynn/Long/
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.