Carbon Drive, Lawrenceburg, TN

Post videos from railroad crossings here.

Moderators: freebrickproductions, mlgillson, TommyBNSF, Raco_GS

freebrickproductions

Carbon Drive, Lawrenceburg, TN

Post by freebrickproductions » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:47 pm

*originally recorded on 8-16-18*
(Note: I didn't realize my camera was at such a slant until after I got home and looked at the video.)

Signal on the left: 2 pairs of Alstom 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs.
Signal on the right: 2 pairs of Alstom 12x24 inch lights with WCH 2nd Generation LEDs and a WRRS mechanical bell.

After catching the train heading out of Loretto, I went to the next signalized crossing north along the line, which happened to be this one. This crossing features a pair of old Transport Products Corp. signals from the L&N with the original bell still in use. This crossing used to have a nice mixture of 8 inch lights, though they were all sadly replaced sometime recently. Interestingly enough, before the LED upgrade, the signal with the bell had three pairs of lights, one of which was a pair of side lights, though one of the pairs of lights was removed and not replaced during the upgrade. Some electrical tape covers the hole where the lights were mounted. This road used to be called Union Carbide Road, but it appears that the name was changed sometime recently. US 43 is located next to this crossing right behind where my camera was set-up.

http://www.rxrsignals.com/Tennessee/Law ... on_Carbide
They/Them for me, please.

Click here if you want to submit crossing photos to the site!

Avatar by runesprite on Twitter.